• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex cards are not accepted on housing.com anymore

JSFinance

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I found a post on x.com stating that housing.com has stopped accepting amex cards.
IMG_4848.webp
Even the banner stating “Amex cards are now accepted” on housing.com is also removed from the app.

I have personally not used it though but clearly amex doesn’t want users to pay rent using their cards.

Mobikwik is already charging lot of fees for loading wallet using credit cards and Xtra had major changes recently which could discourage more investments ( this helped earlier in fees recovery partially )

What other options we have now for rent payments ?

It's a welcome move. People should break away from the chains of amex.
Celebrating Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

With the way things are going they have taken cognisance of many things 😅

1. Fluctuating availability of Amazon Vouchers in Reward Multiplier

2. Trimming of referral benefits on new cards

3. Now housing.com ceasing acceptability

People who took cards solely for the above now shall have to make a call to hold them anymore or not

With the way things are going they have taken cognisance of many things 😅

1. Fluctuating availability of Amazon Vouchers in Reward Multiplier

2. Trimming of referral benefits on new cards

3. Now housing.com ceasing acceptability

People who took cards solely for the above now shall have to make a call to hold them anymore or not
Main benefit is the referral commission, you can really make a lot of points.

I found a post on x.com stating that housing.com has stopped accepting amex cards.
View attachment 69204
Even the banner stating “Amex cards are now accepted” on housing.com is also removed from the app.

I have personally not used it though but clearly amex doesn’t want users to pay rent using their cards.

Mobikwik is already charging lot of fees for loading wallet using credit cards and Xtra had major changes recently which could discourage more investments ( this helped earlier in fees recovery partially )

What other options we have now for rent payments ?
Typical Amex card issue.
You won't be able to do anything.
Many vendor who work on wafer thin margin don't accept Amex.

Amex per say with India is consider, is mostly a show off card, even fuel station does not accept amex.
I have my old American express card but I would not use it to show off, because I don't think it's a big deal.

Even having a few credit cards is no big deal.
if you carry a book with 100 credit cards, then it is a big deal

Amex per se with India is consider, is mostly a show off card, even fuel station does not accept amex.
Except HPCL fuel acceptance is tricky. However through trial and error once you get to know which POS within which outlet accepts the same especially among private players then it’s a breeze.

Amex per say with India is consider, is mostly a show off card, even fuel station does not accept amex.

Man! Can you clarify this:
What is meant by Amex card?

Card issued by American Express?
Or Card issued by Any bank within American Express Network?

I have a Rubyx -American Express Credit card. Can I call it a Amex card? (Mostly for Show off as I found it not much of use)

Back