• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex for buying Gold Coins on Tanishq

Hi,
Every year during navratri I purchase a 5/10 gm gold coin. I have a MRCC, Gold Charge and a DCB.

Amex has a reward multiplier where it has Tanishq on the list and only mentions the below exclusions.
Excluding: Mia by Tanishq, All Silver Products, All Gift Card.

Does this mean I should be able to get that 5X points if I used my Gold Charge? Also, would the DCB card be better to buy this or not, since I don't see any points multiplier for tanishq on smartbuy.

I used my Amex Plat Travel to guy a gold coin as a wedding gift early last year,
Got 5x points ok Tanishq through reward multiplier
Thanks, that's the confirmation I needed.
And might i add, i packaging of Tanishq is very beautiful
Yeah it is. I bought one last year and the package was nice and all but it was fun to see 3 people delivering the product. 1 driver, 1 person to manage delivery, and 1 guard with a shotgun. 😶‍🌫️

Calculate the loss on dealers margin + GST + making charges when you buy and then dealers margin + melting charges when you sell 22 carat gold jewellery.

Even on bars and coins the same will apply, only the making charges will be much less.

Back