• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Gold Charge Card Return% Calculations Worst Case (w/o Bonus MR inc Renewal Fees)

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Personally, I value each point as Rs. 1 since I have started using Marriott properties lately & I'm getting an average value of Rs. 1.1. So I get Rs. 19,200 value against 77,300 annual spend (incl renewal fees), which is a 24.83% return. Pretty good for me & was the primary reason for getting the Gold Charge. I have the Amex Trifecta now - Plat Travel + MRCC + Gold Charge. Everything is optimised for Marriott.
Please show me some reasonable hotels where you can get Rs 1.1 per point. Sometimes reasonable in Bombay, Goa, Calcutta, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Cochin, London, Paris etc where for say 70k points, you can get a few nights. Not some obscure resort where you go just to get this perceived value.

glnarayanan

TF Buzz
Please show me some reasonable hotels where you can get Rs 1.1 per point. Sometimes reasonable in Bombay, Goa, Calcutta, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Cochin, London, Paris etc where for say 70k points, you can get a few nights. Not some obscure resort where you go just to get this perceived value.
Someone has done this exercise for Global Marriott properties: https://lookerstudio.google.com/u/0/reporting/775a0819-69a4-4cd9-be04-296cc46d79e1/page/lU31D

Also sharing my recent experience with 2 Sheraton properties in Sri Lanka in prime locations (not obscure ones):

Sheraton Kosgoda: 48k points (without breakfast) or $537 with breakfast. They included breakfast for us as complimentary because of the kid + Silver Elite status from the HDFC Marriott card. So 48k points = $537/Rs.44691; Works out to 0.93 per point.

Sheraton Colombo: Booked a room for 15k pts worth $210/Rs. 17,467 or 1.16 per point value.

They upgraded me to a corner view premier room (thanks to the status from HDFC Marriott). That value was 28000 pts normally/$274/Rs. 22803. So technically, I got Rs. 1.52 per point.

Overall, I got Rs. 1.05 value for Marriott points (without the upgrade) or Rs. 1.23 value (including the upgraded room's value), which is good enough for me.