• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Green Card US variant 🔥

TechDrifter

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It's been 3 years since me using an Amex US card the benefits are unbeatable. Forex charge 0, You earn 3x points of Travel, dining, rideshare.

So it's 3x on 82 INR.

US concierge service is dope.
You can even book short distance flights at cheap rates using points only no taxes. Like BKK to Vietnam, BKK to Singapore, Hanoi to DPS and much more. if you compare it will Krisflyer mile you have to pay $50-80 taxes on top of what you likes points.
Anyone using Green Card?
I just got approved for one and getting it delivered. So if you continue to use the card here in India, you'll get 3X points all the time, Isn't that correct?

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
$189 CLEAR® Credit

CLEAR® uses unique attributes, such as eyes or fingerprints, to digitally verify identity to help its members move faster through security at select airports nationwide. Receive up to $189 per calendar year in statement credits, when you pay for a CLEAR membership with the American Express® Green Card.‡
Are Indian passport holders eligible for clear and similar programs though?

Sandy Singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I would like to get this card, but I don’t have any use of the clear credit and 150$ fees is a bit higher without getting anything else.

Avishma1

TF Select
It's been 3 years since me using an Amex US card the benefits are unbeatable. Forex charge 0, You earn 3x points of Travel, dining, rideshare.

So it's 3x on 82 INR.

You can even book short distance flights at cheap rates using points only no taxes. Like BKK to Vietnam, BKK to Singapore, Hanoi to DPS and much more. if you compare it will Krisflyer mile you have to pay $50-80 taxes on top of what you likes points.
Anyone using Green C

So it's 3x on 82 INR.

Anyone using Green Card?
Can we make bill payment from an Indian issued bank for this card?

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
CLEAR is currently only available to US citizens and legal permanent residents 18 and older with a valid government-issued photo ID.
So how can an Indian resident get clear? Unless you're a US resident, then it makes sense to get US cards whether amex or not.

CC_Fire

TF Premier
you mean Amex delivers the card to an Indian address? Sorry not sure if this understood correctly. Everyone suggests that they dont take an India address but you were able to get the card shipped to India? and then had to somehow get another card after 3 months?

CC_Fire

TF Premier
Thats great to know, So we apply using a US address and then call them to request shipping to India or are you suggesting giving them an India address only?

rohitb

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I would like to get this card, but I don’t have any use of the clear credit and 150$ fees is a bit higher without getting anything else.
I think they are giving 50-60k membership rewards points as well (for first year)
Worth it. I am planning to apply for same.