• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Gyftr Vouchers with different number - it worked. dated - 07/10/2024

SN.M

TF Buzz
Hi Tf-ians,

after my monthly quota of 10k has been reached , I tried using a different phone number , but at first it didnt work. so below are the procedural steps I followed, hope this helps you too.

1. change browser : if you had bought vouchers on your first number from safari , now please try using chrome

2. you can not use same card on both browsers with different numbers, you will need to use different cards. say if you had used amex plat / gold on safari , try using mccc on chrome.

3. whichever card you are going to use on a second browser, please remove that card from saved cards list from your first browser ( where you have logged in with your actual phone number).

4. now try adding voucher to cart , do the payment and yurekaa !! it works.

also we ran out of 500 demomination now, only 250 available... hurry !!

Hope this helps.

have a great day all!!

Here is another update: Just because I used multiple numbers for my Amex Plat Travel Card on Gyftr, my last used number has been mapped to the card and I cannot use any other number to purchase any Gyftr card (Swiggy, MMT included).

At the moment, I am frustrated with my card getting declined every time. I am planning to order a replacement and attach it to the original number.
I think replacing your card won't work as well, in case a different card is already linked to your phone number.

And this is also happening to people who are using same card with same number. My order for Nykaa voucher went through yesterday, and when I tried to purchase Amazon Shopping vouchers immediately after that, the order kept on failing. It seems like they're still updating the system.

Purchased amazon prime voucher from Gyftr using my Gold charge yesterday, same number i used for purchasing amazon pay voucher fyi. Dint recieve the voucher for 12hours, so contacted Gyftr support. Am being told that all my cards are failing internal checks and i cannot purchase anything on gyftr ever again.

Purchased amazon prime voucher from Gyftr using my Gold charge yesterday, same number i used for purchasing amazon pay voucher fyi. Dint recieve the voucher for 12hours, so contacted Gyftr support. Am being told that all my cards are failing internal checks and i cannot purchase anything on gyftr ever again.
Looks like it's the end of the road for American express cards

Just to add more info, yes i used to purchase 30k -40k Apay vouchers till early september when we could use different phone numbers. When they patched the multiple phone numbers, i did 3000 on MRCC + 6000 on Gold charge with the same number since they are both mapped to that, and 10k on Plat travel to the number its mapped. Havent done any other transactions until yesterday evening when i bought amazon Prime voucher for the very first time so i can renew my prime membership.

It dint give any error, payment went through but voucher not getting generated.

I think replacing your card won't work as well, in case a different card is already linked to your phone number.

And this is also happening to people who are using same card with same number. My order for Nykaa voucher went through yesterday, and when I tried to purchase Amazon Shopping vouchers immediately after that, the order kept on failing. It seems like they're still updating the system.
But what if someone's card gets lost?

Spoke to customer care again, by saying that i want to reset the phone number, was told that after 30 days , i just need to use unique phone number for each card and it will work. Cant use this phone number + card combination for next 30 days itseems. Hopefully im able to use it again in 30days time.

They also mentioned that if one has more than one card, ensure that each card is mapped to a unique phone number and no two cards are mapped to same phone number.

Only thing to do now is wait, but outrightly banning people from using gyftr is not the way to do things if the 30day stuff doesnt work.

Last edited:
Damn it seem more cancellations for Amex card in near future.. copy and pasting 250 is already a burden and I try to use mrcc first and then gold if needed. Platinum doesn’t get a chance with 10k limitation. Haven’t went beyond 10k and gold would be cancelled on it renewal. No point of keeping for half a fees even gold is offered for 50% fees and pay 3% charges on infinia till it last.

Back