• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex MRCC renewal benefits - 5k points

Drb

TF Buzz
Hi

I got amex mrcc this year with some referral. It’s first year free with 1.5k annual fees + 50% waiver on 90-150k spends.

I might hit 90k spends with it but not sure of >150k since most of my spends are with SBI cashback, Airtel Axis and HDFC swiggy.

In case I pay 50% of the renewal fees (Rs 750 + gst) will I get 5k points next year post renewal? I know this sounds too good to be true.

All American cards do not have any renewal benefit
Only first year points are given.
But you can close the card before paying the renewal fee and re-apply again after 6 months

Reactions: Drb
Hi

I got amex mrcc this year with some referral. It’s first year free with 1.5k annual fees + 50% waiver on 90-150k spends.

I might hit 90k spends with it but not sure of >150k since most of my spends are with SBI cashback, Airtel Axis and HDFC swiggy.

In case I pay 50% of the renewal fees (Rs 750 + gst) will I get 5k points next year post renewal? I know this sounds too good to be true.
The renewal benefit is only for the first year for members who pay the full annual fees (4500+gst), not the reduced annual fees on referral basis or spends basis

Back