• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Plat Travel renewal fee waiver. Is it ok to accept?

neogen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My Amex plat travel is up for renewal. On contacting Amex, they are offering 50% fee waiver.

Do you think its ok to accept this 50% renewal fee waiver offer?

When did you approach them ?
Before renewal date
Or after renewal aate?

My renewal is coming gnup in next 3 to 4 weeks.
I will also have a go and ask them and update here
Yesterday marked one year complete for my card, new statement starts today and I have one month for my decision

Reactions: SSV
It's a good card to keep at 3k (50%). Spend 2.5lac after renewal and you will get 15k MR. Personally I won't spend anything more than 4L on this card in an year,so would prefer 50% always. Buying 10K MR costs Rs. 4k which is higher than 50%
Isn’t transferring money through rent payment for 2.5l good enough rather than taking 50% offer?
Also how can I make them lessen the 2.5 lac amount, they aren’t ready to negotiate

I think you don't have to worry about approaching before or after fees is charged with Amex.

I have always approached them once fees is charged and statement is generated. They have always reversed it depending on the offer I took

Might sound like a dumb question but when we opt for the 50% fees offer, do we get 10k points for it? Or 5k points? Or nothing?

one of three..

- pay full get points
- pay half
- spend and get fee waived

Back