• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Revaluation Amex Platinum Charge Card Updated Benefits starting 8 October 2024

Hell_Kitty

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Effective 8 October 2024, enjoy new benefits worth up to ₹1,30,000* on your Card:
  1. Annual renewal benefit worth ₹20,000* : Get Taj Hotels, Reliance Brands Limited (Luxe Gift Card), Postcard Hotels & Resorts vouchers worth up to ₹20,000* in a year on Card renewal when you spend ₹20,00,000* in a Cardmembership year.
  2. Savings worth up to ₹8,000* Apple products : Get instant cashback on select Apple products every time you shop on apple.in or in-store. Additionally, also earn 5X* on shopping online via Reward Multiplier.
  3. Complimentary memberships to Amazon Prime Lite, Disney+ Hotstar, Wall Street Journal and more worth up to ₹45,000* : Enjoy access to 40+ OTT and publications with a curated Times Ace membership. Also, get special offers across shopping, travel, health and wellness on brands like Ajio Luxe, Uber, Starbucks, TUMI, Kaya Skin Clinic and more.
  4. 3 new complimentary* elite tier memberships with no qualifying criteria
    1. Accor Plus Traveller membership: Get up to 50%* off on dining, member rates and other offers at 1,000+ hotels in 20 countries
    2. The Postcard Hotel Sunshine Club - Platinum Tier : Get 7%* hotel loyalty points, complimentary* laundry service, cocktails and more.
    3. I Prefer - Titanium membership at The Leela Hotels & Resorts, Dusit Thani and more: Get 50%* bonus hotel loyalty points, member rates, room upgrade*, offers and more.
  5. Third night complimentary at The LaLiT worth up to ₹30,000* : Get complimentary* 3rd night, a dinner for two, a service at the Spa, butler service and more when you book 2 or more nights for a club room or suite across 10 properties in India.

Updates to existing benefits:
  1. Supplementary Cardmembers will continue to enjoy unlimited access to The Centurion® Lounges in New Delhi and Mumbai. Their access to bring in a guest will be discontinued
  2. Benefit of Taj vouchers worth ₹10,000* in your birthday month will be discontinued
  3. Joining and Renewal fees increased from 60k to 66k + GST

Last edited:
Well, their intention would be to make them spend more and keep the fees coming so I think for the non-spenders, they might have multiple spend based offers throughout the year to boost their spends and then another spend-based offer possibly at the time of renewal which would ensure that all their card holders spend the most they can.
Agree coolguy1. But new benefits not good atleast they could have given ITC gold or Taj gold Membership. Taking a2ay 10k Taj voucher on birthday was another down side that is all. Wish they could have continued. OtT benefits don't match this card at all. As this is a luxury travel card they could have given airline or some other well known 5star hotel memberships or stay vouchers etc. Just my 2 cents

Anybody used amex plat chg golf benefits i always wanted to try it. Any inputs regarding this from experienced members and how is the booking done and best golf course to learn. What is the procedure is it free lessons and tees or any extra to be paid.

Anybody used amex plat chg golf benefits i always wanted to try it. Any inputs regarding this from experienced members and how is the booking done and best golf course to learn. What is the procedure is it free lessons and tees or any extra to be paid.
Tried to use in Hawaii, they didn't have any courses included there. Concierge suggested I play at any of their 80+ courses in India instead.

My airbnb host got me into his country club next door for a round. Paia country club.

So my Plat charge is up for renewal this month. Obviously planning to close this crap. However need to transfer 1.5 lakh MR points.
My options are -
1 - Transfer to Krisflyer (have a upcoming trip)
2 - Transfer to MB bonvoy.

Any suggestions?
Sucks that it is up for renewal this month. AMEX usually offers a 30% bonus on MR points transfer to MB in November.

Right now, I would transfer it to Qatar Airways without thinking twice. You can grab a one-way business class ticket to anywhere in Europe for 55,000 points (110,000 AMEX points)

The one-way business class ticket would cost you anywhere upwards of 3L.

This is really frustrating for those already with AMEX. The fees are really high, now higher with barely any extra value. Compared to many countries the fees here are outrageous.

Now because of the yearly benefits they'll probably deny any retention offers which could have been better.

Centurion lounge in India is a kiosk, it's ridiculous. By far the worst worldwide, even for non AMEX standards it's pure garbage considering the type of clientele they serve.
I don't even know why people consider it. It's worse than all other lounges.

And people don't want Taj vouchers. The hotel is not bad by any means, but they're severely overpriced and you cannot avail whatever random or offer rates that Taj has, you gotta go for higher rates effectively negating the value of the vouchers.

What is AMEX doing?!

Just switch back to the points and stop fucking around.

I wanna stay on AMEX but I feel like I'm being fleeced with dumbass worthless benefits and offers.

I wouldn't mind LESS benefits but QUALITY ones. I don't want a CRED or APAY quality rewards.

Last edited:
Sucks that it is up for renewal this month. AMEX usually offers a 30% bonus on MR points transfer to MB in November.

Right now, I would transfer it to Qatar Airways without thinking twice. You can grab a one-way business class ticket to anywhere in Europe for 55,000 points (110,000 AMEX points)

The one-way business class ticket would cost you anywhere upwards of 3L.
Well I transferred to Krisflyer as I had a upcoming trip. Noted for Qatar however I have other options including Hdfc and Axis.

Also spoke to Amex for cancellations and they have offered Amex Plat reserve as a direct downgrade. Have multiple issues to deal with if I go that route primarily the issue is Accor Traveller. Will detail this in another thread.

Back