• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum travel card - 080 Lounge

RM95

TF Select
Hi,
I'm planning to opt for the Amex Platinum Travel card specifically for accessing 080 (and other similar 'Amex' lounges), but I have a couple of questions:

1. Amex TnC mentions a 'discounted fee' of 500 for domestic and 750 for international lounges. Do I have to pay this charge for accessing the lounge, or will it be totally free? (attached screenshot for reference)

2. Planning to apply using referral (drop your referral link in comment please) to get FYF. After first year, can I cancel and apply for it again to get another year free (to avoid paying the 5k annual fees)?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023_0811_174615.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_0811_174615.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 149

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Oh, got it. Thank you for clearing this up!
About the second point, can I cancel the card and re-apply to save on the annual fees?
You can apply after 3 months.
Also they waive annual fees based on spending pattern or sometime gives upto 10k pts if you pay fees
or ask you to spend some amount in next 3 months to waive off full fees.
Just call or chat at 11 month+ to know your options.

RM95

TF Select
You can apply after 3 months.
Also they waive annual fees based on spending pattern or sometime gives upto 10k pts if you pay fees
or ask you to spend some amount in next 3 months to waive off full fees.
Just call or chat at 11 month+ to know your options.
Thank you!
I have applied using your referral link. Let's see how it goes.

RM95

TF Select
Approved ?
No, my home address (as listed on my aadhaar) is different from my current address (in BLR for job), so during KYC they said I'll have to be present in home address for physical verification. They said they won't accept rental agreement as proof of residence.
I'll apply again when I'm in hometown in Oct.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Hi,
I'm planning to opt for the Amex Platinum Travel card specifically for accessing 080 (and other similar 'Amex' lounges), but I have a couple of questions:

1. Amex TnC mentions a 'discounted fee' of 500 for domestic and 750 for international lounges. Do I have to pay this charge for accessing the lounge, or will it be totally free? (attached screenshot for reference)

2. Planning to apply using referral (drop your referral link in comment please) to get FYF. After first year, can I cancel and apply for it again to get another year free (to avoid paying the 5k annual fees)?
You don't have to it is complimentary they just swipe 2bucks

ALOAK

TF Ace
Now they sent an offer to spend 1lkhs to get 10k points. Not sure I can do it before Nov 15th

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231001_091140_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231001_091140_Gmail.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 24

insight

TF Ace
Hi,

2. Planning to apply using referral (drop your referral link in comment please) to get FYF.
After first year, can I cancel and apply for it again to get another year free (to avoid paying the 5k annual fees)?
I had a similar query about how to have it, close and then re-get it. Any insights on that?