• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex reapplication advice

ghost of sparta

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have applied for Amex platinum travel credit card in March 2024. I have an ITR of 29L, so I’m eligible for this card. But my application is rejected. They didn’t even ask for income documents.

I read technofino’s post and ensured that
and I have only one cibil enquiry from jan-march. And cibil score is >780.

So the rejection is surprising to me. I asked for reconsideration but a customer care executive called and said that it is rejected due to some internal criteria that they cannot disclose.

Anyways, 90 days have passed and I am thinking to reapply for the platinum travel credit card.

Amex veterans, please advise on what I can do differently this time.

So I am looking for a referral for the same. Please share your referral if you can.

Edit:
More info: I’m a salaried individual at an MNC.

Edti-2: Thank you all, for the advice. My plat travel is approved with 9L limit.

Last edited:
Check DM for referral..

regarding query:

- make sure serviceable location.
- company email verification (if available and salaried).
- Income details and other already good, no issues.

I have applied for Amex platinum travel credit card in March 2024. I have an ITR of 29L, so I’m eligible for this card. But my application is rejected. They didn’t even ask for income documents.

So the rejection is surprising to me. I asked for reconsideration but a customer care executive called and said that it is rejected due to some internal criteria that they cannot disclose.

Anyways, 90 days have passed and I am thinking to reapply for the platinum travel credit card.

So I am looking for a referral for the same. Please share your referral if you can.
Are you in a servicable area?

Reactions: AxT

Your financials look strong and CIBIL looks good.

There was probably some document mismatch or some issue while filling the application, send me a DM with more details and we can look into it together and prepare a new application that guarantees the new card gets approved! :)

Possible reasons:

1) Negative Pincode
2) Not a preferred occupation
3)Highly leveraged
4) negative remarks in CIBIL
etc .etc..

DM me if you want to discuss this further as some information we may discuss here , may be sensitive in nature and highly personal...

ENjoy!!

Last edited:
Possible reasons:

1) Negative Pincode
2) Not a preferred occupation
3)Highly leveraged
4) negative remarks in CIBIL
etc .etc..

DM me if you want to discuss further as some information we may discuss here , may be sensitive in nature and highly personal...

ENjoy!!
Can you elaborate on point 2?

One of my friend has Bihar pincode on Aadhar which is un-servicable by AMEX, but his current address is delhi, income >40LPA , will there be any challenge because of bihar address ?
Yes it will be a problem based on BIHAR Aadhar address if used as residence proof.

If he has current addess proof for Delhi, then there wont be an issue

One of my friend has Bihar pincode on Aadhar which is un-servicable by AMEX, but his current address is delhi, income >40LPA , will there be any challenge because of bihar address ?

during KYC produce one which is serviceable location. No need to mention unserviceable proof anywhere, unless you don't have any proof with current residence. But if there, use it everywhere as proof.

I have applied for American Express credit twice in the last 2 years. I maintain around 800 CIBIL score and have a monthly income of around 60,000. I also have three other credit cards (Millenia, ICICI amazon and SBI Rupay). But I still get rejected. What's the issue?

I have applied for American Express credit twice in the last 2 years. I maintain around 800 CIBIL score and have a monthly income of around 60,000. I also have three other credit cards (Millenia, ICICI amazon and SBI Rupay). But I still get rejected. What's the issue?
Need to invest your money and increase your ITR to 12 lakh per annum.
your income tax returns should be 12 lakh.

If you don't have money to invest to grow your wealth, YOU ARE NOT CONSIDERED SAFE for the bank

Must be address, download your cibil n check if your pincode is serviceable or not then check for address is correct and as per aadhaar then check for Anything unusual.

which card you applied. safe only smartearn or mrcc eligible on paper..

do check following..

- location (serviceable)
- no remarks in CIBIL
- net should be above 6L above
- enquiries in last 3 months.

DM me for referral if needed.

Back