• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex reapplication advice

ghost of sparta

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have applied for Amex platinum travel credit card in March 2024. I have an ITR of 29L, so I’m eligible for this card. But my application is rejected. They didn’t even ask for income documents.

I read technofino’s post and ensured that
and I have only one cibil enquiry from jan-march. And cibil score is >780.

So the rejection is surprising to me. I asked for reconsideration but a customer care executive called and said that it is rejected due to some internal criteria that they cannot disclose.

Anyways, 90 days have passed and I am thinking to reapply for the platinum travel credit card.

Amex veterans, please advise on what I can do differently this time.

So I am looking for a referral for the same. Please share your referral if you can.

Edit:
More info: I’m a salaried individual at an MNC.

Edti-2: Thank you all, for the advice. My plat travel is approved with 9L limit.

Last edited:
I did the Vkyc and uploaded all the documents.Still it's being 1 days, no mail or sms from their end.

what should I do now ?

wait.. they only get back to you..

amex won't leave you just like that.. some issue with uploaded docs, so they might request them again through email or personal interaction.

Wait till weekend and check with support on Monday.

1000062044.webp Today I received this mail and I contacted the support team, they told me that the application is currently on hold and I arranged a callback for you from our backend team & you will be getting a call within 24 hours.

Anyone ever going through this ? and any suggestions for me right now ?

Today I received this mail and I contacted the support team, they told me that the application is currently on hold and I arranged a callback for you from our backend team & you will be getting a call within 24 hours.

Anyone ever going through this ? and any suggestions for me right now ?

- Serviceable location (in given address proof)
- Income
- CIBIL score and payment delays, enquiries

If all of these good/moderate then check with support (or in this case wait 24 hours to follow-up), you need to share docs in email or physically to that representative based on the requested information.

- Serviceable location (in given address proof)
- Income
- CIBIL score and payment delays, enquiries

If all of these good/moderate then check with support (or in this case wait 24 hours to follow-up), you need to share docs in email or physically to that representative based on the requested information.
1.My current address is in serviceable area.
2.Already uploaded the income documents.
3.CIBIL is 777 and no payment delays but I have multiple enquiries on the month of April & May.

Do u think this could be because of multiple enquiries in the April and May months ?

Back