• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX referral program resuming from second week of July

Hisoka

TF Ace
Yesterday I called AmEx customer care regarding any upgrade offers on my MRCC card. They told me that it can be upgraded to Platinum travel, however joining fees needs to paid and in return I'll get 15k bonus points as welcome benefit (pretty weird because on website it says 10k points). When I asked for FYF, he declined and suggested to wait for few weeks as AmEx referral is going to be resumed soon with better incentives. This is just the statement from his side and not an official confirmation though, but still I thought I'd share it with you guys. If you plan to apply for any AmEx card, you might wanna wait a few weeks so that you don't have to pay any joining fees.

Another question, if they actually plan to give me 15k bonus points then it's better than the FYF card right? As 15k points are easily equivalent to around 6k voucher.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I understand the excitement of reaching 8k points for a referral. I've been there. But please refrain from posting everywhere and encouraging GV against referrals. Such actions are not permitted. Keep it concise! Referral links need to be shared in a separate thread by Sumanta. Kindly share your referral link here

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does Amex require mandatory CIBIL score/history for card approvals? Wanted to refer my friend, who fulfils all the criteria income and location (NCR) wise. However, he doesn't have a cibil score (as hasn't taken any loan yet). Salary account is in HDFC Bank. Will he get the card approved or will it be rejected?
Thanks for your input.
@BestBanker

KingAAR

TF Ace
Does Amex require mandatory CIBIL score/history for card approvals? Wanted to refer my friend, who fulfils all the criteria income and location (NCR) wise. However, he doesn't have a cibil score (as hasn't taken any loan yet). Salary account is in HDFC Bank. Will he get the card approved or will it be rejected?
Thanks for your input.
@BestBanker
try it out once if his age is more than 25 there are chances...

Reactions: R@J

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
Thanks for your input.
@BestBanker
Will be declined.

• Sad

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Got it....good starting point will be to get a CC from the salary account bank....and once cibil is established, then go for other cards

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Got it....good starting point will be to get a CC from the salary account bank....and once cibil is established, then go for other cards
+1,

Correct, Please first build the score with a basic CC and then after a year or so, can go for more premium CCs..