• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Annual Fee waiver in credit card

FinoGuy

TF Legend
Many of the credit cards have fee waiver on certain spend amount in a year.
My credit card has fee waiver on 2L spends
1)for considering spends based fee waiver, are monthly statement amount(spends - amount prepaid before bill generated) considered or actual spends(regardless of statement, refunds prepayments etc) ?
2)how do I know for sure that my coming year annual fee is waived off after achieving this criteria? Is there a way to know before they charge annual fee?

For Simply Click one can simply look at the statement and know about milestone progress. There is a dedicated column for 1 L and 2L milestones. So, No need to contact them or talk to a bot.

Also, they do send SMS telling that the criteria is met.
And, lastly, fee gets reversed automatically in the next month's statement, if the criteria is met, no need to request

You can check with ILA on SBI app, if you see your total spend crossed the required annual fee reversal then your fee will be waived off after you see its charged in your statement by calling SBI customer care.
I think SBI always charge you annual fee in statement and you need to call them to reverse it.
No need to call/email. Annual fee is always charged in anniversary statement but reversed automatically in subsequent month. First the annual fee is refunded. Few days later, GST is refunded separately. You can verify it by viewing unbilled transactions even before generation of statement. Based on my experience with my sbi bpcl credit card since last 5 years.

Back