• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any advantage of IDFC First savings account? If opened online, how to get it upgraded to wealth or similar program?

Apart from higher interest I don’t see any advantage. Their app is decent. I have maintained 5 lakh in the account don’t want to go any higher as up to 5 lakh RBI gives an assurance if bank goes under

I am a 3 year old customer of IDFC FIRST bank and use their Debit and Credit cards both. My family has multiple accounts with them in Kolkata and I must say, IDFC Cards are very premium and LTF as compared to other cards which do a lot of drama giving good variant VISA Signature cards which are LTF. Best thing about IDFC cards is that from IDFC SELECT variant (Credit card I hold), if gives Buy 2 Get 2 Free movie tickets every month from Paytm which is an abosolutely amazing offer. The discount is capped to 250 INR per free ticket so it means 500rs (250*2) worth free ticket every month easily.
If you have IDFC Wealth card, this 500 discount goes upto 500*2 = 1000 INR which is again amazing plus its a VISA INFINITE LTF card.

I am still trying to get my SELECT upgraded to WEALTH. I maintain around 15-20 lakhs in balance across 3 of my accounts and still they are doing drama that they want approval and stuff even though my dad has influence and connects with senior officials of IDFC. Lets see! Hope for the best.

@bansalp I too have that same 25K MAB account. The one I have specifically comes with Visa 'Business Signature Debit Card' and not normal Visa Signature Debit Card. Also the next upgrade of account would be from Select to Wealth. Actually for wealth not much info is there but as per the communication I had, they need 5-10 lakhs minimum balance while opening account/upgrading to wealth account. Also this is not MAB, you can transfer the balance once account upgrade gets approved. Not like you have to maintain that 5-10 lakhs mandatorily as per the info I have received. Again this may change and may depend on branch and stuffs. Also none of the IDFC Cards have any sort of fee which is the best part about it. All are LTF! :)

Also, if anyone of you is young and eligible for the Future FIRST Acc with them, please try to get them to open that. It's 0 MAB with better privileges than their normal 25K variant. :)

Also, if anyone of you is young and eligible for the Future FIRST Acc with them, please try to get them to open that. It's 0 MAB with better privileges than their normal 25K variant. :)
I opened the account 3-4 years back, I dont have the MAB limit, but my wife has a MAB requirement. She got a shitty credit card from IDFC which gives her complimentary railway lounge- what ever that is. the debit card feels much better than that shitty credit card TBH.

I opened the account 3-4 years back, I dont have the MAB limit, but my wife has a MAB requirement. She got a shitty credit card from IDFC which gives her complimentary railway lounge- what ever that is. the debit card feels much better than that shitty credit card TBH.
Yes, that red card is looks sexy ngl. Railway lounges still need development, most places don't have them and IDFC does not work everywhere like in Sealdah, WB.

Yes, that red card is looks sexy ngl. Railway lounges still need development, most places don't have them and IDFC does not work everywhere like in Sealdah, WB.
Do they offer refreshment like the airport ones? NGL, the airport lounges have become like railway station. they should really do something to limit the people who come in or have a separate section for each tier. Saw a guy literally hog 20-25 brownie and then pack some in his bag. One aunty stealing butter, and appy. One good thing they did was they were opening the can of coke so people cant steal that.

I have an IDFC 10k AMB account opened in March this year. Also, have a Select credit card. Used to have decent transactions, 1L balance, and 3L FD.

Last month I moved around 5L to this account when RM called me and asked If I could move some funds toward the month's end. I inquired about the wealth upgrade and she forward my query to BM. Later BM called me to make the balance 10L towards month end(Nov) and keep it for 1-2 weeks.

He forward a request to upgrade my account to wealth based on that. As of today, I got a message from him that the account will be upgraded to wealth in 10-15days. Once upgraded he will help my Select card to be upgraded to wealth.

As per him technically I only need to maintain 25k MAB but the bank expects a good balance. I promised a 1-2L balance thereafter.
Planning to keep only max 5L including FDs,
The best thing is that even though my branch is 100km from my home. He promised to provide the best services (Sealed bank statements by courier whenever I need them for VISA applications). Also to send someone over to open family banking accounts for my parents

Last edited:
Do they offer refreshment like the airport ones? NGL, the airport lounges have become like railway station. they should really do something to limit the people who come in or have a separate section for each tier. Saw a guy literally hog 20-25 brownie and then pack some in his bag. One aunty stealing butter, and appy. One good thing they did was they were opening the can of coke so people cant steal that.
Not sure, haven't ever been to one. Some offer food I believe, you can check out YT, people have posted reviews. Yes, the airport lounges are simply a travesty these days. Seems like fricking jungle, lines going out the door as lounge is full and people are waiting for space to open up. To be honest, even the gate section's are chock full with people, the sizes of the airport terminals are too small for most of the airports I frequent atleast. Also, how does one steal butter even??? The small amul ones they give with bread and jam or something else?

Once it is upgraded to wealth do we need to maintain any balance?

I heard once it is wealth we can withdraw money and there won't be any charges.
This is what I am curious to know as well, if this is the case, will upgrade to wealth to get the Wealth card!
As per BM, technically I only need to maintain 25k MAB but the bank expects a good balance.
Around 1L is enough as per him

With my IDFC SELECT Credit card (red color) I get 2 free movie tickets every month, some rewards on spends also (which I am not much concerned about but still its there.. ), 2 domestic airport lounges per quarter. So I dont have any complaint from this card as it is Visa signature + LTF. If you goto VISA website and check, they themselves have a lot of VISA SIGNATURE specific offers (not even related to any bank) which can be used.

Nothing much. A dreamfolks backup for Priority Pass of other cards.
I think it gives many more features over select CARD (either in Wealth Debit card or Credit card) but I am sure they give more offers apart from Dreamfolks like free movie tickets (500*2) per month, golf sessions, ID Sentry membership, We Live membership plus some other things as mentioned on their website.

Back