• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any advantage of IDFC First savings account? If opened online, how to get it upgraded to wealth or similar program?

As per BM, technically I only need to maintain 25k MAB but the bank expects a good balance.
Around 1L is enough as per him
Thanks a lot. This is helpful. Now I will have to screw these IDFC folks for unnecessarily delaying my request even though my family has 3 accounts and around 15 lakhs balance is maintained in total. :(

I think it gives many more features over select CARD (either in Wealth Debit card or Credit card) but I am sure they give more offers apart from Dreamfolks like free movie tickets (500*2) per month, golf sessions, ID Sentry membership, We Live membership plus some other things as mentioned on their website.
Comparison was more with other banks top end cards. Thats why Priority Pass was mentioned.
For an LTF card, we can't complain much

Also, if anyone of you is young and eligible for the Future FIRST Acc with them, please try to get them to open that. It's 0 MAB with better privileges than their normal 25K variant. :)
any info on list of eligible institutions for future first acc or is it eligible for all ...or need to know from branch only ....as I cant find any info apart from premium/identified institutions..

@bansalp I too have that same 25K MAB account. The one I have specifically comes with Visa 'Business Signature Debit Card' and not normal Visa Signature Debit Card. Also the next upgrade of account would be from Select to Wealth. Actually for wealth not much info is there but as per the communication I had, they need 5-10 lakhs minimum balance while opening account/upgrading to wealth account. Also this is not MAB, you can transfer the balance once account upgrade gets approved. Not like you have to maintain that 5-10 lakhs mandatorily as per the info I have received. Again this may change and may depend on branch and stuffs. Also none of the IDFC Cards have any sort of fee which is the best part about it. All are LTF! :)
Now they have downgraded from Visa Signature to Visa Platinum card for ₹25k MAB a/c. Don't know whether there will be option to upgrade it to Signature variant or not!! Was planning to open a/c with them.

any info on list of eligible institutions for future first acc or is it eligible for all ...or need to know from branch only ....as I cant find any info apart from premium/identified institutions..
I don't know of any list. In my case, I just went to the branch and forced them to open an account under that offer. They didn't even check my university ID xD.

I don't know of any list. In my case, I just went to the branch and forced them to open an account under that offer. They didn't even check my university ID xD.
strange if forced can anyone open a zero balance acc that's odd but would try to force my way also .... anyway thank you for your explanation

strange if forced can anyone open a zero balance acc that's odd but would try to force my way also .... anyway thank you for your explanation
They were just bewildered, they have no clue other than the generic 10k and 25k accounts. Kept trying to sell those while doing my application for the Future First one xD.

They were just bewildered, they have no clue other than the generic 10k and 25k accounts. Kept trying to sell those while doing my application for the Future First one xD.
but I am afraid of saying future first in front of me and opening a different acc in backend or some goofups or some add on chargeable services etc is my worry if nothing of that sort is there then I too can comfortably push them .... anyway it was very helpful.appreciate your time and info

but I am afraid of saying future first in front of me and opening a different acc in backend or some goofups or some add on chargeable services etc is my worry if nothing of that sort is there then I too can comfortably push them .... anyway it was very helpful.appreciate your time and info
I made them show me their tablet and select that specific account. Immediately within 20 minutes you can login into app and see clearly Future First will be mentioned with the account number.

Actually my card and account was issues based on my salary slip. Not sure about anything else like using university details or stuff..
Yeah, you anyways wouldn't be eligible for the account I was discussing, it's a special one only for higher end university students. Not working professionals.

Back