• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any chance to get a pre-approved DCB Metal as first unsecured card?

LiamHouse

TF Select
Hello,

I wanted to know if it's possible to get a pre-approved DCB as a first unsecured CC. Currently have a CIBIL of 792 with 40k limit (10k OneCard and 30k IDFC wow, both FD backed) and about 2 years of credit age. I do not currently have a job or file an ITR so that route is out. I have a DigiYouth HDFC savings account that I opened about a month ago with 6k deposit, I am planning to deposit about 6-7L in this account and upgrade it to Speciale Gold (as well as Preferred Banking) and spend about 40-50k a month from this savings account for the next two or three quarters.

Is there any chance of a DCB Metal being offered in a few months' time instead of the top tier Moneyback+ or Millenia with piss poor limits? A 5L limit Regalia Gold will be fine as well as I can easily meet the spends requirements for the DCB upgrade. If you guys have any other idea on how I could get a DCB from where I stand that would also be appreciated.

Last edited:
After reading the posts, IMO, OP should just maintain good TRV and wait for Infinia pre-approved offer. What I and most of us have experienced is that credit limit enhancement on HDFC is very random. Most of the people are stuck with their existing credit limit for more than a year or so whereas one of the member has got 6L to 20L CL with almost 0 spends existing card.
Hence, IMO, if you aim for Infinia then just wait for it

INFINIA ?

DCB ok
Regalia gold ok
Are you saying it is not possible to get infinia pre-approved, but you can get DCB Metal and Regalia Gold pre-approved?

Since when this started happening

Some people have got infinia pre-approved; there's a post on the subreddit with one. This person has had a loan and a salary account with HDFC for a few months, issue is they haven't disclosed their salary or mab yet.

1722539673403.webp

Are you saying it is not possible to get infinia pre-approved, but you can get DCB Metal and Regalia Gold pre-approved?

Some people have got infinia pre-approved; there's a post on the subreddit with one. This person has had a loan and a salary account with HDFC for a few months, issue is they haven't disclosed their salary or mab yet.

View attachment 63568
Anything can happen in banking
But since you can see in this screenshot it's a invite only card .
So chances are less

Better have cc

With 8 lakh limit and 5-6 lakh spend in last 6 month to.get INFINIA

No offer as of now. I will update whenever i see something good on my fathers account.
What about the other accounts? Your family maintained high MAB through Q2 correct? I requested my bank manager to try and get deviation for income to get a diners black and she told me she will try so praying that works out with me having a high MAB in my savings.

Back