• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any Premium HDFC CC Suggestions for HDFC Preferred Banking?

baran12

TF Buzz
Hey Guys, I was recently upgraded to HDFC preferred banking. A month ago I guess. I maintain an AMB of 10-12L with them and have Millenia CC at the moment. Though any of the rest of the features and facilities seem of no use to me like locker benefits etc, anything I can make use of the relationship from a credit card standpoint?

Any premium version of CCs I can take leveraging this relationship for LTF access? An income of around 2.7-3L gets credited to my account every month if that's helpful.

Preferred Programme is just a joke tbh! Better get Classic instead and enjoy the same benefits. Or if you can secure a Locker for yourself, do FDs & get under Imperia Programme.

The benefit of "Premium Cards" is for namesake only. HopelessDFC considers Millennia as a Premium Offering and Regalia Gold as a super-premium card 🤣

There are 0 Lifestyle benefits associated with Preferred. Attaching HDFC upgrade form just to let you know what they consider a Premium and Super-premium offering.

So if you feel left out, it's because basically HDFC doesn't give a damn about its banking customers and treat CCs as a separate relationship in their view.
Boss there is a big benefit in Preferred

You dont pay like a fool for IMPS txns

I know Preferred is useless, but dont say take Classic instead

If you had no CCs with HDFC thus far, Infinia is guaranteed at a salaried income of ₹2.75L+ per month(source: I am an Infinia holder and got my card that way only).

Since you already hold a Millenia, your existing relationship with HDFC bank comes into play as well. If I were you, I'd reach out to the HDFC POC from current organization instead of bank RM, and ask them to issue Infinia since you meet the salary criteria. They should oblige.

Infinia LTF only exists in theory so far(metal variant). I am yet to come across any person, no matter their salary or diplomat status, who holds Infinia Metal LTF.
There are many in the forum who have Infinia Metal as LTF, they got it by ULIPs or initial funding.

Last edited:
I work for a US-based company so I pay taxes on 50% of my income under presumptive taxation. So my last year's ITR was 9lakhs something considering a 50% amount. This year's ITR when it is generated will show around 18-20L considering 50% income. Account history with HDFC is since August last year. They did call me once a few months later after the account was opened as to why my account has foreign money deposits of 2.7L every month. Maybe they wanted to categorize that transaction on their end so I told them that time that I work for a US company so it's my salary figure which is being deposited. But here in India, I guess my job is now treated as professional income/ sort of freelancer. So I do find it difficult to apply for cards in general. Here in this case ITR would still be a blocker I guess.

Open to any other LTF premium CC suggestions as well.
I am assuming you are filing ITR 4, which is meant for self employed professional. Rather than just with acknowledgement try with full computation statement showing gross income rather than taxable income in case you are applying through branch.
Easy way is try online or C2C and select salaried rather than self employed, it might do the trick as long as you have a decent limit on millenia.
Good Luck

Back