• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Are you guys buying Hyundai IPO??

Not applying. Reasons:

1. The promoters paid a dividend just before the IPO, which exceeded last year’s net profit. The profit was around ₹7,000 crore, while the dividend was more than ₹10,500 crore. If the company needs my money, why are the promoters pulling out its reserves, and that too more than a year's net profit? The dividend payout ratio is over 100%.
  2. The auto cycle in India is at an all-time high. Cycles change, and money moves to new sectors. I won't be buying at the peak of this cycle.
  3. The Creta is at the end of its life cycle. They need to introduce more SUVs in that range to sustain the Creta's momentum, but Hyundai is not doing that.
  4. The hatchback segment is already declining. Despite what people say, Maruti has an edge over Hyundai due to the success of the Fronx. Hyundai needs a Fronx-like model, but so far, the Exter has not been able to achieve that.
  5. Their EV portfolio is non-existent.
  6. All the money is being raised through an offer for sale (OFS). That's fine, but what about the Indian factories, which are operating at over 90% utilization? I don’t see any commitment that the new money will be used to build more capacity.

Do Your Own research bhailog but what is seems like, Promoters are cashing upon IPO Frenzy, not worth the risk reward right now.

I got allotment some of IPOs

I applied from my brother demat and entered my UPI ID for mandate

Amount Deducted from my Account and shares allotted in my Brother's demat.

Tried and Tested
@dhiraz can you pls tell me in which bank account your upi id has? I also have to apply using 3rd party in the upcoming ipo's

Its v big ipo hence the subscription is lower + last few days market is down.. so speculation is a little low.. + its an OFS and not an IPO technically.. just shares chg hands.. no money will go into the business.. so Avoid.. wait and watch
Thanks for this post bro. I had applied. But on seeing this post that this is an OFS and the money was going to korean promoters and nothing to the company, I withdrew my application

Not applying. Reasons:

1. The promoters paid a dividend just before the IPO, which exceeded last year’s net profit. The profit was around ₹7,000 crore, while the dividend was more than ₹10,500 crore. If the company needs my money, why are the promoters pulling out its reserves, and that too more than a year's net profit? The dividend payout ratio is over 100%.
  2. The auto cycle in India is at an all-time high. Cycles change, and money moves to new sectors. I won't be buying at the peak of this cycle.
  3. The Creta is at the end of its life cycle. They need to introduce more SUVs in that range to sustain the Creta's momentum, but Hyundai is not doing that.
  4. The hatchback segment is already declining. Despite what people say, Maruti has an edge over Hyundai due to the success of the Fronx. Hyundai needs a Fronx-like model, but so far, the Exter has not been able to achieve that.
  5. Their EV portfolio is non-existent.
  6. All the money is being raised through an offer for sale (OFS). That's fine, but what about the Indian factories, which are operating at over 90% utilization? I don’t see any commitment that the new money will be used to build more capacity.

Do Your Own research bhailog but what is seems like, Promoters are cashing upon IPO Frenzy, not worth the risk reward right now.
Nice analysis. Simple and easy to understand.

Back