• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas Atlas showing 1 Edge Mile per Rs 100 on other spends! Is it Devalued?

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I just received my New Atlas Credit Card. What I can see in my application is
5 Edge Miles per Rs 100 on Travel and 1 Edge Mile per Rs 100 on other spends??

Why is it showing this? Is Atlas Devalued?

IMG_0849.png

I think when card issuers mention "hotels and airlines MCC codes" they usually mean the big groups and chains who have their own MCCs. For example 3509 is Marriott and 3026 is Emirates. The general hotels MCC 7011 might also be eligible but many resorts and hotels will have multiple POS machines assigned to several different MCCs like hotel and lodging, restaurant, bar, etc. and these might be being used anywhere within the property.
Thanks for this.

I recently used Atlas in Marriott and funnily seem to have got 2.5X points.

I’ve been wanting to know Marriott’s MCC ever since.

Any idea if there is a publicly available MCC list for airlines and hotels in India for Indian and International brands / or a simple way to know ?

Thanks!

Thanks for this.

I recently used Atlas in Marriott and funnily seem to have got 2.5X points.

I’ve been wanting to know Marriott’s MCC ever since.

Any idea if there is a publicly available MCC list for airlines and hotels in India for Indian and International brands / or a simple way to know ?

Thanks!
You mean you did get 10 points per Rs.100 right? Here is a link to a document from Citi with MCC codes: https://www.citibank.com/tts/solutions/commercial-cards/assets/docs/govt/Merchant-Category-Codes.pdf

Oops. Thanks.

My mistake.

I was happily calculating 5X !

Yeah sorry I did mean 5 per 100, or 10% (1 Edge mile = 2 transfer miles). So you've been credited correctly.

Reactions: CMG
i used my atlas cc on Scoot Airlines direct website to book tickets and i got only 2 edge miles per 100Rs. I called axis customer care and they said that MCC code used by scoot airlines is '4722' (Travel Agencies and Tour Operators).
Guys you know any tricks to know MCC code before doing transaction?

To determine the MCC code of a transaction:

1. Disable Domestic/International transactions.
  2. Attempt the payment; it will fail.
  3. Contact Axis Bank customer care via chat or call to obtain the MCC code.
Note: This method may not work if a merchant uses multiple MCC codes and rotates them.

I tested this now for Akasa Air. Someone on Twitter mentioned that they received the 'Govt Services' MCC code. However, for me, the code was 4511.

Note: This method may not work if a merchant uses multiple MCC codes and rotates them.

I tested this now for Akasa Air. Someone on Twitter mentioned that they received the 'Govt Services' MCC code. However, for me, the code was 4511.
Idea was really good, but as you said if they use multiple MCC then it wont work, for atleast finding the Airlines MCC whether 4511 or 4722. we can use your idea. Thanks

Reactions: CMG
I don’t think Scoot is here.

Though the document maybe indicative only, now.

I say indicative because I see MCC for Indian Airlines 🙃
the document you mentioned, still i cant find the indigo, spicejet and akasa MCC. i think now for all new airlines they give only one MCC 4511(Air Carriers, Airlines–not elsewhere classified)

Once i tried this with sbi (via wrong cvv/OTP), but sbi customer care wasn't able to check mcc for failed transaction. Even for successful transaction, they take 3 days (1 day more than settlement) to tell mcc.

Will try with axis next time. Did they tell mcc immediately after transaction or u called after 2-3 days?

Once i tried this with sbi, but sbi customer care wasn't able to check mcc for failed transaction. Even for successful transaction, they take 3 days (1 day more than settlement) to tell mcc.

Will try with axis next time. Did they tell mcc immediately after transaction or u called after 2-3 days?
I chatted with them a few minutes after the transaction.

Back