• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU bank credit card rejected - agent couldn't verify address?

src223

TF Premier
So I applied for Au bank lit card on 1st Feb. Today (4th Feb) someone called me that they are bank agent for credit card and they are waiting at my old PG address. I said I am not staying there, I am staying at my Aadhar specified address. Today at night I checked and as application is rejected. Without specifying any reason of course.

The peculiar thing is, while applying for the card, I specifically mentioned my aadhar address for the card delivery, the bank has my aadhar address, but somehow my old address is still set as the communication address. Calling customer care doesn't help in changing that, they told me to go to branch.

Any way, is there a way to appeal this decision?

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So I applied for Au bank lit card on 1st Feb. Today (4th Feb) someone called me that they are bank agent for credit card and they are waiting at my old PG address. I said I am not staying there, I am staying at my Aadhar specified address. Today at night I checked and as application is rejected. Without specifying any reason of course.

The peculiar thing is, while applying for the card, I specifically mentioned my aadhar address for the card delivery, the bank has my aadhar address, but somehow my old address is still set as the communication address. Calling customer care doesn't help in changing that, they told me to go to branch.

Any way, is there a way to appeal this decision?
Try emailing pno@aubank.in

src223

TF Premier
I have mailed pno, they still haven't been able to change the communication address. They called me once (after mailing to PNO) and told to come to the branch again. But considering that I have already been to the branch 5-6 times, I don't really expect anything to change again. So I don't think it's worth it anymore.

My bank balance is ₹612. I don't care about that anymore.

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have mailed pno, they still haven't been able to change the communication address. They called me once (after mailing to PNO) and told to come to the branch again. But considering that I have already been to the branch 5-6 times, I don't really expect anything to change again. So I don't think it's worth it anymore.

My bank balance is ₹612. I don't care about that anymore.
Okay so in this case you have to re apply. No other option IMO, this happened with me when I applied for AMEX. I entered my PAN Number and got a CIBIL Hit but they kept it on hold for 4+ Months stating my PAN in card application doesn't match the PAN in my documents (form 16) and they can't edit these details. I had no other option but to re apply which I did and got instant approval, within a week applied for another card, which approved as well.

src223

TF Premier
Okay so in this case you have to re apply. No other option IMO, this happened with me when I applied for AMEX. I entered my PAN Number and got a CIBIL Hit but they kept it on hold for 4+ Months stating my PAN in card application doesn't match the PAN in my documents (form 16) and they can't edit these details. I had no other option but to re apply which I did and got instant approval, within a week applied for another card, which approved as well.
That's AMEX and this is Au bank 🙃

Also the main problem is related to address, until that is resolved, leave credit card card, not even bank transactions are going through.