• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Auto debit partial payment charges

Vishw

TF Buzz
Hi all,

I noticed the 1.2k debit interest charges in my recent Axis CC statement. I looked closer and found that the auto-debit facility had somehow decided to pay only 13.5k of the total 15.3k due, despite my account having plenty of balance. Been using auto-debit for several years and this is the first time this has happened. Charging 1.2k for the remaining 1.8k seemed excessive. So I looked into their charges and it seems they charged me for the whole 15k due. Can they do this? I've sent them a msg on Twitter and asked them to reverse the charges. So far 'they're working on my concern.'

Last edited:
Hi all,

I noticed the 1.2k debit interest charges in my recent Axis CC statement. I looked closer and found that the auto-debit facility had somehow decided to pay only 13.5k of the total 15.3k due, despite my account having plenty of balance. Been using auto-debit for several years and this is the first time this has happened.
Weird 🤡
Do you have Axis Bank Savings A/c?

If yes & you had choosen TAD for Auto Debit, the fault lies on part of Axis only, you can fight for reversal and correction in report.

If no then, contact your bank, where you had set for Auto Debit. They will settle or in the case of failure to rectify it, raise a complaint to RBI BO properly with all the minute details, dragging both the banks, involved.
Charging 1.2k for the remaining 1.8k seemed excessive. So I looked into their charges and it seems they charged me for the whole 15k due. Can they do this?
No they can't. Firstly ask, Axis to provide the bifurcation/calculation of charges.

Rule: When total amount due (even ₹1 or less than ₹1) is not paid by due date then interest free credit period is lost, and interest is levied from the date of transaction on the outstanding amount to be paid only but not on TAD.

However, many banks are not adhering the direction of RBI's.
I've sent them a msg on Twitter and asked them to reverse the charges. So far 'they're working on my concern.'
Ask them to rectify the same, in credit report as well, if there's any negative reporting by any chance.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I noticed the 1.2k debit interest charges in my recent Axis CC statement. I looked closer and found that the auto-debit facility had somehow decided to pay only 13.5k of the total 15.3k due, despite my account having plenty of balance. Been using auto-debit for several years and this is the first time this has happened. Charging 1.2k for the remaining 1.8k seemed excessive. So I looked into their charges and it seems they charged me for the whole 15k due. Can they do this? I've sent them a msg on Twitter and asked them to reverse the charges. So far 'they're working on my concern.'
They maybe deduced minimum amount due

Atleast it will not go as missed payment rather overdue which have no negative effect on cibil

Also u have to check your bills u can rely on auto debit..

I wasn't offended or anything, just confused about what made me weirdo! :p
It was meant to be written, 'Weird' 🤡 instead of Weirdo, extra o. 😂

Weird because the fact was kind of indigestible, how partial payment was made instead of full, when there's auto debit enabled. May be Axis bank had requested that amount or some other reason, where there wasn't your fault.

There were others typo as well like: do you axis bank... instead of do you have

Anyway, how long does it take them to rectify usually? Today was 4th day since I told them. And how do they do it? Do they reissue the corrected statement?

Anyway, how long does it take them to rectify usually? Today was 4th day since I told them. And how do they do it? Do they reissue the corrected statement?
Today (before 12:00am) and day before was Saturday. Both were non-working days.

Good thing is, your CIBIL is intact. (It should be, still check once)

Now, the more delay axis do. The greater is your chance of getting compensation. Also, you can escalate it to pno level.

Most of the axis complaint gets resolved at pno, below levels are utterly trash (in my opinion). Rest is explained by aniket.

3 more days gone and all I've gotten from them is a Service Request Number with another copy-paste robotic reply. I wonder if they're just delaying till the due date? What happens after money is debited on the due date and the service request is still pending? Will they refund the money afterwards or something?

So according to Axis app, my request has been processed. In my infinite wisdom, I asked them about it and guess what? "we are working on your concern and will get back to you with an update shortly. Regret any inconvenience caused." :exploding-head:

Finally done. Their response:

"Hi, we regret the inconvenience caused. With reference to your concern raised pertaining to charges levied on your Credit Card via Service Request, we have checked and observed that the debit interest charges have been levied on your credit card, which is valid and applicable as per credit card fees and charges. However, we would like to inform you that we have reversed charges of INR 1199.87/- including GST (Goods and Services Tax) as a one-time service gesture and same has been credited in your credit card ending with ---- on 01-10-2024. Further, we request you to make the complete payment as per your monthly statement on priority in order to avoid the further charges in future. We adhere to complete transparency and disclosure about all our service fees and charges. Regards, Team Axis Bank."

:rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for the help and letting me rant for a bit! :p

Glad it got solved, for future make sure even if auto-debit triggers you confirm everything from your end (before due date) as well.

If I were you, I wouldn't be using auto-debit.

Back