• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Automating the Gyftr Experience for Amex Users: A Frustration-Driven Solution

If you’re like me, you probably love your Amex cards but dread the thought of dealing with Gyftr for those sweet, sweet voucher redemptions. Whether it's the repetitive process, the slow site, or just the sheer monotony of it all—something had to give.

Well, last night, after one too many frustrating Gyftr experiences, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I whipped up a Chrome extension to automate the entire process. And guess what? It works like a charm—most of the time! 😜

What Does the Extension Do?
In a nutshell, this extension adds some much-needed automation to the Gyftr experience:

Set It and Forget It: Just save your preferences once, and let the extension handle the rest.
Voucher Selection: It automatically searches for Amazon or Amazon Shopping vouchers, based on your saved preferences.
Card-Specific Cycles: Whether you’re using an Amex MRCC or Gold Charge card, the extension will handle the required cycles of transactions, adding vouchers according to the card type.
Automated Data Entry: It feeds in your mobile number and email for you—no more repetitive typing!
Cycle Completion: After each transaction is completed successfully, the extension will close the incognito browser, open a new one, and restart the process until all cycles are done.
And yes, it will even alert you when everything is completed, so you can kick back and relax.

Why This Isn’t Perfect (Yet)
Let’s be clear—this is a passion project, whipped up in the wee hours of the night. It hasn’t gone through extensive testing, and you’ll still need to manually enter your OTPs and CVV. But hey, it won't empty your credit limit, so there’s that! Please, exercise caution while using this tool.

Why I’m Not Uploading It to the Chrome Store
This extension is a bit of a rough diamond. It works, but I didn’t want to put it up on the Chrome Web Store just yet. Instead, I’m providing the entire codebase and instructions for you to use, tweak, and customize as you see fit.

For the tech-savvy among you, feel free to dive into the code and make improvements. Just remember—I rarely do scripting, so don’t judge my coding skills too harshly! 😅

How to Get Started
Download the extension’s ZIP file.
Follow the simple instructions provided in the Instructions to set it up.
Set your preferences and let the extension handle the rest.
Sit back and enjoy a smoother, less stressful Gyftr experience!

Final Thoughts
I built this extension to solve a personal pain point, and I’m sharing it with you all in the hopes that it might make your life a little easier too. Remember, this isn’t a foolproof solution—it’s more of a helping hand. So, use it wisely, and happy voucher hunting!

View attachment gyftr-automation-preferences-google-chrome-2024-08-28-14-06-54_S7TiCTJP.mp4

Buddy,

Looks cool. But I am using my own script which will book 1.5k * 4 times automatically.

Even you can enter the amount in multiple of 500 & 1000 like how we used to do cash deposit form.
Yeah this one does that too, on basis of which card you have set in preference
For Gold Charhe it goes 1000*6 for mrcc it does 1500*4
Vouchers are selected on basis of availability and denominations automatically

Yeah this one does that too, on basis of which card you have set in preference
For Gold Charhe it goes 1000*6 for mrcc it does 1500*4
Vouchers are selected on basis of availability and denominations automatically
I am using UI vision for this. It's supporting edge, Firefox, chrome & might be more...

I will try & load your pack. Thanks again buddy

Last edited:
If you’re like me, you probably love your Amex cards but dread the thought of dealing with Gyftr for those sweet, sweet voucher redemptions. Whether it's the repetitive process, the slow site, or just the sheer monotony of it all—something had to give.

Well, last night, after one too many frustrating Gyftr experiences, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I whipped up a Chrome extension to automate the entire process. And guess what? It works like a charm—most of the time! 😜

In a nutshell, this extension adds some much-needed automation to the Gyftr experience:

Set It and Forget It: Just save your preferences once, and let the extension handle the rest.
Voucher Selection: It automatically searches for Amazon or Amazon Shopping vouchers, based on your saved preferences.
Card-Specific Cycles: Whether you’re using an Amex MRCC or Gold Charge card, the extension will handle the required cycles of transactions, adding vouchers according to the card type.
Automated Data Entry: It feeds in your mobile number and email for you—no more repetitive typing!
Cycle Completion: After each transaction is completed successfully, the extension will close the incognito browser, open a new one, and restart the process until all cycles are done.
And yes, it will even alert you when everything is completed, so you can kick back and relax.

Let’s be clear—this is a passion project, whipped up in the wee hours of the night. It hasn’t gone through extensive testing, and you’ll still need to manually enter your OTPs and CVV. But hey, it won't empty your credit limit, so there’s that! Please, exercise caution while using this tool.

This extension is a bit of a rough diamond. It works, but I didn’t want to put it up on the Chrome Web Store just yet. Instead, I’m providing the entire codebase and instructions for you to use, tweak, and customize as you see fit.

For the tech-savvy among you, feel free to dive into the code and make improvements. Just remember—I rarely do scripting, so don’t judge my coding skills too harshly! 😅

How to Get Started

Final Thoughts
I built this extension to solve a personal pain point, and I’m sharing it with you all in the hopes that it might make your life a little easier too. Remember, this isn’t a foolproof solution—it’s more of a helping hand. So, use it wisely, and happy voucher hunting!

View attachment 66575
Ready to do shopping on 1st Sept! Thanks for the automation...

Thank You So Much GIF

How to Get Started

Final Thoughts

View attachment 66575
Great tool!!
Probably move the codebase atleast to github so novice people like me can also contribute to this.

Back