• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Automating the Gyftr Experience for Amex Users: A Frustration-Driven Solution

I have api script for IRCTC too :face-with-tears-of-joy: written based on typescript & axios.

In addition, 2-3 years back written typescript project for IPTV (like watching tv channels free of cost) ;)

No problem ;)

Don't add hard waits buddy. Try to wait until element displayed & then perform task.
the wait i added is for me to wait to receive the OTP and then manually enter it in the OTP text box, which generally took around 20 sec for me (slow hands with slow mobile) , post which the OTP submit buttion is also clicked by script , Card selection , cvv entry and proceed buttion is also done by the script 1724997862377.webp

Last edited:
the wait i added is for me to wait to receive the OTP and then manually enter it in the OTP text box, which generally took around 20 sec for me (slow hands with slow mobile) , post which the OTP submit buttion is also clicked by script , Card selection , cvv entry and proceed buttion is also done by the script
Better you click the CTA manually --> and you can add wait till next page element displayed & do timeout at 120 seconds.

Anyhow it's your wish but I am telling you in the industrial way. --> Generally don't prefer to perform otp logins submit by script (you can fill the login/card/review pages but should never submit by script).

Your case will fail if your otp won't be entered in 20 seconds --> so better to wait for next page element or something in DOM till 120 seconds

Better you click the CTA manually --> and you can add wait till next page element displayed & do timeout at 120 seconds.

Anyhow it's your wish but I am telling you in the industrial way. --> Generally don't prefer to perform otp logins submit by script (you can fill the login/card/review pages but should never submit by script).

Your case will fail if your otp won't be entered in 20 seconds --> so better to wait for next page element or something in DOM till 120 seconds
I dont know web programming , just know some methods based on some tricks and tips I found online, will try to implement what you told, will ping you if need help , hope its fine for you :)

the wait i added is for me to wait to receive the OTP and then manually enter it in the OTP text box, which generally took around 20 sec for me (slow hands with slow mobile) , post which the OTP submit buttion is also clicked by script , Card selection , cvv entry and proceed buttion is also done by the scriptView attachment 66811
@Vasuki - start automated surgeries.
homer simpson exam GIF

Yes , the ideal way would be to trigger a listener on the CTA and then wait for the Element to be visible, that's how I implemented it

Yes , the ideal way would be to trigger a listener on the CTA and then wait for the Element to be visible, that's how I implemented it
Hey Bro , can you guide me how can I implement the said functionality in Automa extension, its just a small extension and with your depth of knowledge you must be able to understand easily how it can be added to the script.

Hey Bro , can you guide me how can I implement the said functionality in Automa extension, its just a small extension and with your depth of knowledge you must be able to understand easily how it can be added to the script.
If you're using UI Vision --> then after filling the form --> just use waitForElementVisible for the next successful step element.
Make sure to do timeout at 120 seconds

Thanks for taking the time to build and share your source code! I'm going to take a stab to customize it a bit more for my use case.

I would love the option for it to be able to just load up the site, enter number of transactions and click go, instead of loading up the extension HTML page and going through the cycle. The reason is simple, all I detest is the manual entry things, so most of the things are auto filled here. Perhaps a weekend project for me :)

Thanks for taking the time to build and share your source code! I'm going to take a stab to customize it a bit more for my use case.

I would love the option for it to be able to just load up the site, enter number of transactions and click go, instead of loading up the extension HTML page and going through the cycle. The reason is simple, all I detest is the manual entry things, so most of the things are auto filled here. Perhaps a weekend project for me :)
Please share what you create. TIA

Back