• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Avoid this while bank/credit card Video KYC

Himanshu Rathi

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If you have applied for any banking product and you are doing Video KYC for it then try NOT TO USE SAMSUNG smartphone for it as Samsung uses the ultrawide lens for it which may cause issues while focusing on pan card details, resulting in rejection of KYC.
I am writing this with my experience of VIDEO KYC with different banks including AXIS, AU, IDFC etc.
Everyone's experience may vary on the availability of ultrawide lens in their Samsung smartphone. I have tested this on 2 Samsung smartphones with ultrawide lens. Please mention if you have also faced such kind of issues with Samsung phones.

Yea I had same issue with KYC in 3 different banking products with Samsung phone. Since then I insert my SIM in my iPhone before doing any video KYC.
Why do you need to change the SIM. you can simply use the vkyc link and open it on iPhone. I don't think there is any sim verification while vkyc. You can even complete this from a computer or laptop.

Why do you need to change the SIM. you can simply use the vkyc link and open it on iPhone. I don't think there is any sim verification while vkyc. You can even complete this from a computer or laptop.
I don't remember exactly which but in some products there was no link. You have to do video KYC through the app directly which needs to verify SIM. So I did it. Mostly I send link to iPhone and then do it.

Back