• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis agreed to reverse late payment charges. Does it mean cibil hit also goes away?

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As a one time service gesture we have initiated a request regarding the reversal of charges via reference number 24xxxxxx0302 and the same will be processed within 03 working days.

What can I do to request removal of cibil hit?

How it happened - Citi Rewards changed into Axis Rewards in last two months. I thought the limit is supposed to be merged, and my Axis my zone bill was paid. But no, I got a late payment hit.

I did not understand your scenario.
But the general rule is, if the mistake is from bank's end, you are entitled to refund of all charges and removal of corresponding entries from credit bureaus. But if the mistake is from customer's end, customer is not entitled to anything, it all depends on the bank's goodwill gesture.

What can I do to request removal of cibil hit?

How it happened - Citi Rewards changed into Axis Rewards in last two months. I thought the limit is supposed to be merged, and my Axis my zone bill was paid. But no, I got a late payment hit.
payment was done after 3 days of grace period ?

But the general rule is, if the mistake is from bank's end, you are entitled to refund of all charges and removal of corresponding entries from credit bureaus. But if the mistake is from customer's end, customer is not entitled to anything, it all depends on the bank's goodwill gesture.
The bank has been helpful in reversing the late fee charges. They sent the email I shared in my first post.

But how can I get them to remove th CIBIL hit as well? OR is it already removed, since the charges are reversed.

HOWCOME payments can be merged . decision rests upon axis
I mean, how ICICI merges/merged payments on my Sapphiro and Platinum CC. I agree, it was an incorrect assumption on my part.

What are my options now in this situation? Axis has agreed to reverse late fee charges. How to get cibil hit removed?

I mean, how ICICI merges/merged payments on my Sapphiro and Platinum CC. I agree, it was an incorrect assumption on my part.

What are my options now in this situation? Axis has agreed to reverse late fee charges. How to get cibil hit removed?
if you spend on platinum and pay on sapphiro card then payment gets adjusted in platinum card ?

you just have the option to convince axis .. tell them it was your mistake as you had certain misunderstanding .

The bank has been helpful in reversing the late fee charges. They sent the email I shared in my first post.

But how can I get them to remove th CIBIL hit as well? OR is it already removed, since the charges are reversed.
Nothing happens automatically. You will have to explicitly request them to remove the entries from credit bureaus.

Did you check CIBIL?

Usually CIBIL gets the report with a much bigger time window. AFAIK a default gets reported only if you missed the min payment for two cycles.

Did you check CIBIL?

Usually CIBIL gets the report with a much bigger time window. AFAIK a default gets reported only if you missed the min payment for two cycles.
Are you sure? That would be amazing. But I don't think that's the case. I had one late payment by 13 days in 2019 on a Citi card.

This was reported as is. I can still see 13 days with a red mark on my CIBIL report.

I wrote to Axis to remove CIBIL hit. They wrote back -

Dear Mr. Batman,

Thank you for writing to Axis Bank.

This is with reference to your email dated 25-07-2024 in relation to the CIBIL updation of credit card.

We would like to inform you that you have to share the complete updated CIBIL (Credit Information Bureau India Limited) report in PDF with the mentioned control ID from the official CIBIL site, such as TransUnion, with the control number, PAN number, and details of the loan inquiry visible in CIBIL, and write back to us. Hence, we may assist you accordingly.

Do I have to wait dor cibil hit, and then write back to them to remove it?

Dear Mr. Batman,

This is with reference to your email dated 25-07-2024 in relation to the CIBIL updation of credit card.

We would like to inform you that you have to share the complete updated CIBIL (Credit Information Bureau India Limited) report in PDF with the mentioned control ID from the official CIBIL site, such as TransUnion, with the control number, PAN number, and details of the loan inquiry visible in CIBIL, and write back to us. Hence, we may assist you accordingly.

Axis will report 30 or 31st of july ... so download fresh report after that

@Batman

Dear Mr. Batman,

can you please let me know what email you used to contact them?

As a one time service gesture we have initiated a request regarding the reversal of charges via reference number 24xxxxxx0302 and the same will be processed within 03 working days.
No the cibil hit is not gonna go away.
Sbi unipay reversed my payment after 3 days without even informing me, resulting in a late payment.Sbi reversed the late payment charge but the cibil hit is still there

Thanks! They’ve reversed the charges for me as well. Did you get a late payment in your Cibil? Or did they not report it since they reversed the charges for you?
Bhai I don't know yet :(
Axis asked me to contact them when CIBIL displays a hit. I checked the report 2 days ago on ICICI Wealth. It seems like report has not been updated since July.

This is a wait-and-watch for me, for now. If/when I get the hit, I'll write to Axis requesting a withdrawal. Let's see.

Back