• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Guidelines for updating cibil score if the late payment charges are reversed..

chiggybansal1

TF Select
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I need help regarding the guidelines of RBI, Like if the bank reverse the charges of late payment and finance charges on credit card, Can we ask bank to suppress or update the cibil report and remove the negative details. I didn't find any details for the same. Your advise will be appreciated. Bank name iis SBI, Axis and Amex.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I need help regarding the guidelines of RBI, Like if the bank reverse the charges of late payment and finance charges on credit card, Can we ask bank to suppress or update the cibil report and remove the negative details. I didn't find any details for the same. Your advise will be appreciated.
Context !
Is necessary ..so is bank name involved

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I need help regarding the guidelines of RBI, Like if the bank reverse the charges of late payment and finance charges on credit card, Can we ask bank to suppress or update the cibil report and remove the negative details. I didn't find any details for the same. Your advise will be appreciated.
Is this due to bank's mistake?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
No, this was from my side due to late payment.
Tell us more like which bank & it was late payment or just some overdue

Bank can remove your charges bcz bank control it & based on relationship it gives wavier

But if u had done late payment ( your fault )
Then bank is complelled by RBI to report to cibil
Something which bank can't do about even if how hardly they want to help you .

But if it was bank problem .. its a different ball game altogether

Reactions: CMG

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Then there is nothing to do. If it gets reflected, you can request the bank to remove. Sometimes they do remove it. Atleast HDFC is good in this regards.
Icici is worst in this regard ..so is idfc

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I need help regarding the guidelines of RBI, Like if the bank reverse the charges of late payment and finance charges on credit card, Can we ask bank to suppress or update the cibil report and remove the negative details. I didn't find any details for the same. Your advise will be appreciated. Bank name iis SBI, Axis and Amex.
I don't think, there is any RBI guideline with respect to updating the DPD( Delayed Payment Days) after reversing the delayed payment fees.
It is at the discretion of the Bank just like reversing late payment fees.
So, don't expect them to enforce some undefined rule on the Banks side and instead advised to request them to remove the delayed payment status as a gesture of goodwill for your continued strong relationship...
All the best...

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I don't think, there is any RBI guideline with respect to updating the DPD( Delyaed Payment Days) after reversing the delayed payment fees.
It is at the discretion of the Bank just like reversing late payment fees.
You r early ..trip over ?

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
yes ofcourse.. it usually happens automatically in the next update to cibil.. but if it doesn't you have to get it done.. only if it was not overdue.. if it was late and inly fees were reversed then no.

Last edited:

chiggybansal1

TF Select
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Tell us more like which bank & it was late payment or just some overdue

Bank can remove your charges bcz bank control it & based on relationship it gives wavier

But if u had done late payment ( your fault )
Then bank is complelled by RBI to report to cibil
Something which bank can't do about even if how hardly they want to help you .

But if it was bank problem .. its a different ball game altogether
it was due to SBI charged renewal fees of 590 and I didnt paid that and later charged late payment fees, then i called them for reversal of both charged which they did but it got reported in cibil. In another Scenario, my bill was due on 26th nov in gold charge amex which i paid partially and new statement came on 8th december payment was in lakh and by 12th dec my all amex got blocked due to this and I made payment on 15th dec, 2023 after which they got unblocked, this was done as I could not managed my funds on time that time once. I was charged 12,390 and my gold charge fixed my universal limit to 75,100 which initial was 4 lakhs+, Can something be done in this as I once tried it even to the PNO.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
was due to SBI charged renewal fees of 590 and I didnt paid that and later charged late payment fees, then i called them for reversal of both charged which they did but it got reported in cibil.
This happened with your father right?? Or maybe it was another user .

If u have set up pin and was fighting for fyf or Ltf .you can have genuine case for removal from cibil as it was jf & no transction on the ongoing dispute .
Or ask for card closure bcz u never used it ..

What did sbi said in this regard .are you continuing the card

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
In another Scenario, my bill was due on 26th nov in gold charge amex which i paid partially and new statement came on 8th december payment was in lakh and by 12th dec my all amex got blocked due to this and I made payment on 15th dec, 2023 after which they got unblocked, this was done as I could not managed my funds on time that time once. I was charged 12,390 and my gold charge fixed my universal limit to 75,100 which initial was 4 lakhs+,
If u have paid minimum amount due .
Which is 10% or less
Amex should not report to Cibil as late payment but rather as overdue in that month