• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel - Debit Interest due to payment delay

sidharthcc

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I made the credit card bill payment in full on the due date i.e 04/04/2023 via HDFC BillPay

As per the statement, the payment was received on the due date i.e 04/04/2023 but Axis added Debit Interest + GST claiming that the payment was received on 10/04/2023.

I can still see the credit transaction on 04/04/2023 on the Axis Mobile App in transaction history.

Raised a request to Axis customer service 10 days ago, got a response that the issue will be resolved within 5 working days.

Followed up with them yesterday, again got a similar message that we have escalated the issue and should be resolved in 5 working days.

What should be done now? Should I wait for 5 working days ? The next due date is 5th May.

If they are showing date as 4th, and your last date of payment is 4th, then you should be charged...

keep reminding them about this in every mail so that even if they charge (and you pay it next month), they reverse the amount

BTW, from next time, do not do such dumb things when last date is near :P ... always pay directly via their own netbanking or via PayTM which credits the amount immediately

Well .. I always pay atleast 7 days in advance .. This time around I was travelling so missed out..

The weird thing here is - when it’s showing in the statement & transaction history as 4th, why would they say that the payment was received on 10th instead

Something is not right with Axis on the backend side especially after the Citi merger

Well .. I always pay atleast 7 days in advance .. This time around I was travelling so missed out..

The weird thing here is - when it’s showing in the statement & transaction history as 4th, why would they say that the payment was received on 10th instead

Something is not right with Axis on the backend side especially after the Citi merger
That 04th is Value Date of txn
Actual realization date is 10th, on which Axis Received Actual Credit of funds.

Axis systems deemed that Funds which is Actually Received on 10th was actually Received on 04th.

Charges must be debited before 10th.

Now you have to follow up on E-Mail to get reversal of charges mentioning Value Date of Payment is still 04th as per Statement

Last edited:
That 04th is Value Date of txn
Actual realization date is 10th, on which Axis Received Actual Credit of funds.

Axis systems deemed that Funds which is Actually Received on 10th was actually Received on 04th.

Charges must be debited before 10th.

Now you have to follow up on E-Mail to get reversal of charges mentioning Value Date of Payment is still 04th as per Statement
Yes following up with them, hopefully they reverse the charges

Back