• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis appears to be randomly rejecting CC application (Samsung Infinite Card)

Applied for the Samsung Infinite Card as my 4th cc in early July (before the devaluation) as Vimal (the Axis representative active on these forums) mentioned that one could do so offline. Vimal coordinated the application. I already have Magnus, Reserve and Vistara Infinite.

The process got heavily delayed by the KYC representative (another story) and finally they rejected the application without any reason. Vimal is clueless too and emails to pno@axisbank.com email address have been useless too with responses like "your Axis Bank Credit Card application was not approved as per Bank's internal norms" and "our inability to offer you the Credit Card does not in any way reflect on your creditworthiness".

Does anyone have a clue what's happening here? A rejection has an impact on credit score, so not sure how they can claim that it doesn't reflect on my credit worthiness. I have verified my eligibility for the card with Vimal before applying and once again, since the rejection and I am eligible.

Is this Axis just stopping the issuance of the Samsung Infinite Card to prevent the bonus points credit on activation?

Thanks

Last edited:
It seems that the 3 card rule of axis is getting in the way. I think Axis does not issue 4th card rather easily to its customers. But since Vimal is already in loop with you, he may be aware of this fact.

Just something I would like to ask..

What value do you see in the Samsung Infinite Card? Anything special!

It seems that the 3 card rule of axis is getting in the way. I think Axis does not issue 4th card rather easily to its customers. But since Vimal is already in loop with you, he may be aware of this fact.

They must have realized that the card is mostly useless for those who hold Magnus and Reserve and folks are mostly applying for 30K points 😊

Purely to do 3 txns and get the 30k miles. Vimal basically put out a WA status saying he could help get a 4th card offline, and that's when it made sense to get the Samsung one as the 4th.

A few days after doing so, the devaluation was announced and so it became important to get it in July itself so that the 30k miles could be credit in time.
But Axis has delayed pretty much every step of the process, and finally randomly rejected only. Vimal's not been of much help either in this.

Makes me wonder how Axis treated new Magnus applicants in July who could technically get the milestone in July itself and transfer per the old ratio.

There is also a 3 or 6-month cooldown period, from what I have heard on twitter.
So I took a shot after 3 months and mine was rejected as well, I only hold a Magnus.

Thank you for your application of the Axis Bank Credit Card. We would like to inform you that approval of a credit card is subject to the application meeting specific Terms and Conditions. We have reviewed your card application and as per our internal policy we cannot process your request at this stage. For any further assistance, please visit https://www.axisbank.com/support. Always open to help you

There is also a 3 or 6-month cooldown period, from what I have heard on twitter.
So I took a shot after 3 months and mine was rejected as well, I only hold a Magnus.

Thank you for your application of the Axis Bank Credit Card. We would like to inform you that approval of a credit card is subject to the application meeting specific Terms and Conditions. We have reviewed your card application and as per our internal policy we cannot process your request at this stage. For any further assistance, please visit https://www.axisbank.com/support. Always open to help you
Yeah, seems like just a delaying tactic. Vimal has stopped responding to my messages too.

Back