• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Credit Card Axis Atlas Rewards Account Blocked, RBI Ombudsman and Denied Compensation

ankiiiii

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

In March, my Axis Atlas rewards account was blocked. I promptly sent all the required invoices, and Axis support assured me via email that my account would be unblocked within three working days.

However, this never happened. Over 2 months, I had to repeatedly email customer care, resubmit invoices multiple times, and eventually, they stopped replying.

After 10 days without a response from the PNO, I filed a complaint with the ombudsman, also requesting compensation for wasted time, mental harassment, and monetary losses. Axis unblocked my account within 10 days, and the ombudsman ticket was closed with no option to re-appeal. When I asked Axis for compensation, they denied it, stating: “We express our inability to provide any compensation in this regard. The Bank’s stance in the matter has been reviewed and approved by the Bank’s Internal Ombudsman.”

Is there anything I can do to make them pay or create at least create some inconvenience for them? I have email proof showing that they did not unblock my account despite promising to do so within three working days, repeatedly asked for invoices without resolution, and only resolved my query after I raised a complaint with the ombudsman.

Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

In March, my Axis Atlas rewards account was blocked. I promptly sent all the required invoices, and Axis support assured me via email that my account would be unblocked within three working days.

However, this never happened. Over 2 months, I had to repeatedly email customer care, resubmit invoices multiple times, and eventually, they stopped replying.

After 10 days without a response from the PNO, I filed a complaint with the ombudsman, also requesting compensation for wasted time, mental harassment, and monetary losses. Axis unblocked my account within 10 days, and the ombudsman ticket was closed with no option to re-appeal. When I asked Axis for compensation, they denied it, stating: “We express our inability to provide any compensation in this regard. The Bank’s stance in the matter has been reviewed and approved by the Bank’s Internal Ombudsman.”

Is there anything I can do to make them pay or create at least create some inconvenience for them? I have email proof showing that they did not unblock my account despite promising to do so within three working days, repeatedly asked for invoices without resolution, and only resolved my query after I raised a complaint with the ombudsman.

You didn't mention what was the reply from the Bank on your RBI Ombudsman complaint. This you will find in the Ombudsman complaint closure email.

You didn't mention what was the reply from the Bank on your RBI Ombudsman complaint. This you will find in the Ombudsman complaint closure email.
Thanks for the response. When I was filing my complaint, I added an extra space after "@" by mistake, something like this:
abcedfghi@ gmail.com

For this reason I only received SMS from ombudsman and not email. I was not aware that they also send response over email.
Is there anyway to get the response email copy now?

Hi everyone,

45 days last year I wasted with this brainless ppl at Axis Bank premium support and finally took it to nodal officer and through my branch where I hold Burgundy account two sittings of talk happened but end is nothing
Net to net zero result
I didn’t get my 6k Edge Rewards till today
We have to compensate ourselves by taking Samsung infinite card and close it after 30k Edge Rewards and move out 5:4
Not sure it still exists

Hi everyone,

If you went to ombudsman
U should have
Written what u want in this case
Like no 1
No 2

And without meeting both scenario u r not interested in closing of ticket

U can't do nothing now .enjoy the shit show
Or do some ding Dong to ax-shit bank

Better make peace with it bro ..
It will cause you more mental agony, don't expect too much from our system.
Ombudsman agar itna strong hota to bank walo ki itna harass karne ki himmat hi nhi hoti....

Don't fall for the word justice, unless its personal to you. Enjoy ur present and leave it, otherwise, some gyani may also give you gyan here that bank is well within its right to ask for invoices, to block ur card as they are here to do business, not charity

Ombudsman agar itna strong hota to bank walo ki itna harass karne ki himmat hi nhi hoti....

Don't fall for the word justice, unless its personal to you. Enjoy ur present and leave it, otherwise, some gyani may also give you gyan here that bank is well within its right to ask for invoices, to block ur card as they are here to do business, not charity
I took hdfc life to cleaner
Their internal system gave the compensation

Because they know it's thier fault

Here axis did mass block so individuals who didn't do anything fancy suffered too .
If some person has set example by having compensation internally ( not ombudsman) everyone would have got
But rewards is at perail of bank internal policy

whole corporate job is to play by the rules within the words

And we too play within the rule , sometimes it get too much for bank

Here axis did mass block so individuals who didn't do anything fancy suffered too .
If some person has set example by having compensation internally ( not ombudsman) everyone would have got

Bank se mutually kuch nikal sakte ho to nikal lo, otherwise ombudsman will not help you much...
RBI also forces you to settle dispute mutually.

Now the issue is, tumhe apna case strong bnana padega, sabhi proof do, proper hierarchy+timeline follow karo etc...

But bank koi b random jooth ombudsman ko chipka deta h and ombudsman use man leta h...

That's why banks are so casual with complaints...

If you went to ombudsman
U should have
Written what u want in this case
Like no 1
No 2

And without meeting both scenario u r not interested in closing of ticket

U can't do nothing now .enjoy the shit show
Or do some ding Dong to ax-shit bank
I did write it in my complaint that I want me rewards unblocked and I want compensation.They did unblock the account but didn't give compensation.
They closed my ticket without asking me.

what can I do now? file a case with consumer court?

Thanks. Well they blocked and asked for proof which I provided promptly and they accepted it as well. However still they did not unblock my rewards and wasted a lot of my time and this is what frustrated me.

I WANT REVENGE :P

Thanks. Well they blocked and asked for proof which I provided promptly and they accepted it as well. However still they did not unblock my rewards and wasted a lot of my time and this is what frustrated me.

I WANT REVENGE :P
Use loophole to make money via axis
Leave them
U missed the last train

Opportunities comes in circle just wait for it

what can I do now? file a case with consumer court?
you can always file a case, but first try sending them a legal notice and formally ask them whether they are interested in providing compensation or not...
If they do not respond as per your satisfaction then E dakhil portal par file kar do case...make sure to draft it well
and then welcome to world of
tarik par tarik

Bank se mutually kuch nikal sakte ho to nikal lo, otherwise ombudsman will not help you much...
RBI also forces you to settle dispute mutually.

Now the issue is, tumhe apna case strong bnana padega, sabhi proof do, proper hierarchy+timeline follow karo etc...

But bank koi b random jooth ombudsman ko chipka deta h and ombudsman use man leta h...

That's why banks are so casual with complaints...
It's not that. If you present your case well and in a clear manner. You can get good compensation.
For me, one time I had received 25k compensation from Axis for their printing mistake on the Magnus Welcome kit.
People here didn't bother but I chased them for this. And finally, BO directed them to give the compensation.

Now, again they similar thing is happening, and about to raise the BO complaint.

It's not that. If you present your case well and in a clear manner. You can get good compensation.
For me, one time I had received 25k compensation from Axis for their printing mistake on the Magnus Welcome kit.
People here didn't bother but I chased them for this. And finally, BO directed them to give the compensation.

Now, again they similar thing is happening, and about to raise the BO complaint.
Teach me sensei!
Also any suggestions on what do I do with the incorrect email issue?

interesting...
share more details, please, if possible

Back