• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Credit Card Axis Atlas Rewards Account Blocked, RBI Ombudsman and Denied Compensation

ankiiiii

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

In March, my Axis Atlas rewards account was blocked. I promptly sent all the required invoices, and Axis support assured me via email that my account would be unblocked within three working days.

However, this never happened. Over 2 months, I had to repeatedly email customer care, resubmit invoices multiple times, and eventually, they stopped replying.

After 10 days without a response from the PNO, I filed a complaint with the ombudsman, also requesting compensation for wasted time, mental harassment, and monetary losses. Axis unblocked my account within 10 days, and the ombudsman ticket was closed with no option to re-appeal. When I asked Axis for compensation, they denied it, stating: “We express our inability to provide any compensation in this regard. The Bank’s stance in the matter has been reviewed and approved by the Bank’s Internal Ombudsman.”

Is there anything I can do to make them pay or create at least create some inconvenience for them? I have email proof showing that they did not unblock my account despite promising to do so within three working days, repeatedly asked for invoices without resolution, and only resolved my query after I raised a complaint with the ombudsman.

Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Teach me sensei!
Also any suggestions on what do I do with the incorrect email issue?
interesting...
share more details, please, if possible
There isn't much to share. Six months ago, Axis had a technical issue, resulting in their mistakenly printing "0 annual charges" in the welcome kit for the Magnus card. One of the people here was informed that the card actually had no annual fee. However, most others, including myself, were told it was a printing mistake and that there were charges. When Axis refused to honor the printed 0 annual charges, I followed their escalation matrix. They took over 30 days to respond, and in the meantime, my card was auto-closed. In their final reply, they maintained it was a printing mistake and that the card had charges.

I escalated the issue to the RBI Ombudsman, arguing that Axis was not honoring the printed schedule of charges (SOC) on the welcome kit, which was the latest document provided and had legal validity. Axis never proactively informed me about the charges; I had to confirm it myself. This means they mis-sold me the card. If I had activated and used the card, thinking it had no annual charges, I would have been trapped by their false promises.

The BO took more than two months but eventually directed Axis to compensate me with ₹25,000, as the card had already been closed.

There isn't much to share. Six months ago, Axis had a technical issue, resulting in their mistakenly printing "0 annual charges" in the welcome kit for the Magnus card. One of the people here was informed that the card actually had no annual fee. However, most others, including myself, were told it was a printing mistake and that there were charges. When Axis refused to honor the printed 0 annual charges, I followed their escalation matrix. They took over 30 days to respond, and in the meantime, my card was auto-closed. In their final reply, they maintained it was a printing mistake and that the card had charges.

I escalated the issue to the RBI Ombudsman, arguing that Axis was not honoring the printed schedule of charges (SOC) on the welcome kit, which was the latest document provided and had legal validity. Axis never proactively informed me about the charges; I had to confirm it myself. This means they mis-sold me the card. If I had activated and used the card, thinking it had no annual charges, I would have been trapped by their false promises.

The BO took more than two months but eventually directed Axis to compensate me with ₹25,000, as the card had already been closed.
The card fee is usually mentioned in the sms which contains the otp for consent.
Magnus fee was mentioned there or not?

I have worst case.. My reward portal blocked in Dec23, for Magnus card, which is closed in Feb,24. Transection was on Bankit. Then i applied Atlas with hope that new card portal open but portal is blocked even after complain to Nodal officer. Now Citi Indian oil shift to Axis Indian Oil, but still portal is blocked.

Can any one help how I can approch to open my reward portal.

I have worst case.. My reward portal blocked in Dec23, for Magnus card, which is closed in Feb,24. Transection was on Bankit. Then i applied Atlas with hope that new card portal open but portal is blocked even after complain to Nodal officer. Now Citi Indian oil shift to Axis Indian Oil, but still portal is blocked.

Can any one help how I can approch to open my reward portal.
Better dont open the rewards portal with same customer id
They will recover the bankit rewards due to which you closed card
Points will show negative which is tough to spend and gain now after devaluation

Reactions: SSV
Better dont open the rewards portal with same customer id
They will recover the bankit rewards due to which you closed card
Points will show negative which is tough to spend and gain now after devaluation
how can i chaneg customer id? i have account and home loan with same id
More over I have not close card. They have closed magnus card as no documents provided.

Last edited:
how can i chaneg customer id? i have account and home loan with same id
More over I have not close card. They have closed magnus card as no documents provided.
Ur case will be tough dude
Better focus on hdfc infinia if u r eligible
Axis Bank after last year magnus card and this year atlas card they r black marking customer ids if card closed due to inappropriate usages

Reactions: SSV
Hi everyone,

In March, my Axis Atlas rewards account was blocked. I promptly sent all the required invoices, and Axis support assured me via email that my account would be unblocked within three working days.

However, this never happened. Over 2 months, I had to repeatedly email customer care, resubmit invoices multiple times, and eventually, they stopped replying.

After 10 days without a response from the PNO, I filed a complaint with the ombudsman, also requesting compensation for wasted time, mental harassment, and monetary losses. Axis unblocked my account within 10 days, and the ombudsman ticket was closed with no option to re-appeal. When I asked Axis for compensation, they denied it, stating: “We express our inability to provide any compensation in this regard. The Bank’s stance in the matter has been reviewed and approved by the Bank’s Internal Ombudsman.”

Is there anything I can do to make them pay or create at least create some inconvenience for them? I have email proof showing that they did not unblock my account despite promising to do so within three working days, repeatedly asked for invoices without resolution, and only resolved my query after I raised a complaint with the ombudsman.

Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
RBIO resolution of issues is unpredictable. Sometimes you get compensation where you least expect and sometimes your complaint will be closed even without resolving it and with no option to appeal.

If RBIO complaint is closed without an option for appeal that door is closed. You cannot re complaint or appeal. The only option is to go to consumer court which means a lot of effort and a long case - not worth it in this case.

RBIO resolution of issues is unpredictable. Sometimes you get compensation where you least expect and sometimes your complaint will be closed even without resolving it and with no option to appeal.

If RBIO complaint is closed without an option for appeal that door is closed. You cannot re complaint or appeal. The only option is to go to consumer court which means a lot of effort and a long case - not worth it in this case.
Thanks for letting me know, I will not waste time on RBIO anymore then.

I guess you were lucky with compensation or you dragged them too hard...
Otherwise, the fee mentioned in the consent SMS is there to avoid such misunderstandings.
You can say that, but how you present your case matters a lot. For example, I presented it by saying that the bank can change the SOC at any time, and if they do, they notify us. Similarly, the latest written information should be respected, regardless of earlier communication via SMS or other means. Also They didn't inform me about the misprint by themselves. I had to contact them to get it verified. In this case, the fault was theirs.

Yes u have to escalate within Axis Bank upto their nodal officer then only can go to rbi ombudsman
Not required. You can write to customer care. If you don't get any response in 30 days or get an unsatisfactory response you can complaint to RBIO. Don't waste your time in going through escalation levels. It's just a waste of time.

Back