• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank credit card application - Is it possible to use credit card statement from another bank as income proof?

Hello, I just applied for Axis Bank Neo Credit Card in Axis Mobile app since there was a LTF banner. I already hold two credit cards from Axis Bank (My Zone and Flipkart), each with ₹85,000 aggregate limit. I also have a savings account with Axis Bank so I thought these were good enough criteria for a new card with shared limit (since the other two cards were approved instantly without any income proof).

After submitting the application, I got the message “You have reached last stage of application for Axis Bank Credit Card. Please keep your KYC and income documents ready to complete the process. Our executive will get in touch with you shortly.” The thing is, I won’t be able to provide salary slips in case they do ask for income proof, so I was wondering if it’s possible to provide credit card statements from other banks (at this stage of application) or is it better if I put a request for withdrawing my application. Thanks.
Yes you can show card statements.
But statement of a year is needed and that has to be of some other bank,not axis

Just received an email, “unable to process application as it does not meet the bank’s credit norms”. No call or SMS received from Axis Bank regarding the application btw. Anyway thanks everyone for your help.

My info leads say that our Apex Bank is contemplating to ask Banks to insist on
Income proofs - verified salary slips or completed ITR Assessment intimation.

My opinion : YES for it.

Hopefully, TF community will not see students n kids with no incomes - but with dozens of CCs - ending up in deep debts - often running into lakhs - or planning to commit suicides.

How can a Bank sanction a CREDIT to a chap with NO INCOME ? STUPID BANKERS forgetting basics of banking.
True, why use credit card when there’s debit card.

Just received an email, “unable to process application as it does not meet the bank’s credit norms”. No call or SMS received from Axis Bank regarding the application btw. Anyway thanks everyone for your help.
Than just wait for a 6 months than re apply.
They might have rejected as they don't have any offer for you

Or you can just call cc and ask them to issue Neo they will generate it instantly if you have any offers

Just call customer care and tell them you want axis neo. They will send you a consent link which will mention card joining and annual fees. Last month they were offering ltf neo for everyone. So if ltf offer is still avaliable then you will see fees as Nil/zero in consent message.

But he is an existing customer right? Axis usually won't approve a lifetime free credit card for an existing customer applied through banner ads. He should apply through pre-approved section or customer service.

Exactly that's what i mentioned in my previous post. They usually won't approve a lifetime free card for an existing customer applied through banner ads. You only have a choice to either apply from a pre-approved section or call the customer support.

1000226453.jpg
What options are available when you click on Credit Card in the APPLY NOW section of the Axis Mobile app (you have to click it after logging in, not before logging in).

No I haven’t. I had a limit increase in December (2023) from ₹52,000 to ₹85,000. Could that have affected this?
It should not have any effect. Try contacting Axis Customer Support and tell them you need Axis Neo Credit Card Lifetime Free.

The thread below may be helpful:

Hello, I just applied for Axis Bank Neo Credit Card in Axis Mobile app since there was a LTF banner. I already hold two credit cards from Axis Bank (My Zone and Flipkart), each with ₹85,000 aggregate limit. I also have a savings account with Axis Bank so I thought these were good enough criteria for a new card with shared limit (since the other two cards were approved instantly without any income proof).

After submitting the application, I got the message “You have reached last stage of application for Axis Bank Credit Card. Please keep your KYC and income documents ready to complete the process. Our executive will get in touch with you shortly.” The thing is, I won’t be able to provide salary slips in case they do ask for income proof, so I was wondering if it’s possible to provide credit card statements from other banks (at this stage of application) or is it better if I put a request for withdrawing my application. Thanks.
Card application based on other card's statement suna tha... But using it as income proof????

Back