• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Credit Card Rejected Every time

BucksBunny

TF Buzz
Axis Priority account holder
My CIBIL is 799
Experian is 857
ITR's above 18 lakh
HDFC Infinia with 15 lakh limit
SBI Aurum with 5 lakh limit
Amex Travel Plat card with 6.20 lakh limit
ICICI gave 4 credit cards as I hold Corporate account with them
ICICI Business, ICICI Amazon, ICICI Coral Rupay and ICICI Plat all are LTF.

No late payment, 13 year old credit history, not single delayed payment till date. Excellent credit and financial standings.

Axis rejected my Magnus card trice, Samsung Axis, Select, Privilege (They give complementary to Priority account holder), Flipkart and Reserve application mostly filed by Branch person. All of them got rejected. I see Neo, Myzone etc LTF card offers but Its showing my existing application status pending. Written email to Nodal but no help they keep saying internal policy. Branch person have no idea about. Even they did not approved my complementary Privilege credit card with Priority account.

I am Axis Priority account holder with balance around 3-5 lakh maintained. Shall I keep account open or close all relations with them?

Any possible help?

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:
So, you have an existing banking relationship with Axis .. Salary account is it ? Also, were you maintaining a high balance to get this pre approved ?

I've had their burgundy savings & even my current account with high balances & they declined even my pre approved offer for the select card (comes free with burgundy relationship I was told), closed both accounts still every time rejected .. Is there a trick I'm missing to get an axis card approved ?
I was also quite frustrated initially, then I thought I already have enough of super premium cards and I stopped chasing their cards after 20 rejections in past 6 months, which applied through branch, person to person application with KYC and all I tried. Nothing worked, I were applying for Magnus and Reserve only but only once applied for Select which was also rejected. Yes, I do have Priority banking with Axis and 6-7 figure rests in Axis account, I was also going to close but person who helped me to apply past Axis card said don't close account just wait for pre-approved offer to generate. The last application for Magnus rejected was 2nd January 2024, but yesterday 30th January I were just doing payment on app and saw pre-approved offer clicked it and best card available was Axis Select, so click get it now and just filled name that I want on card and bingo, it got approved and just in single day I can see my card dispatched and its also showing up in Axis Netbanking. Axis Bank is really stupid and crazy at the same time. Although I got lower limit, its my first credit card with such lowest limit, I began my credit card journey over 12 years back with HDFC Signature credit card which had initial 1.25 lakh limit. I will say just keep your account open with Axis and keep doing transactions, you will see pre approved offers in sometime and you may get Axis Card. Seeing my card getting approved such easily is not different than magic to me. I don't know whether to get angry on Axis or laugh on it. Such crazy bank.

So, you have an existing banking relationship with Axis .. Salary account is it ? Also, were you maintaining a high balance to get this pre approved ?

I've had their burgundy savings & even my current account with high balances & they declined even my pre approved offer for the select card (comes free with burgundy relationship I was told), closed both accounts still every time rejected .. Is there a trick I'm missing to get an axis card approved ?
I don't think maintaining high balance will effect them, just keep account open and keep checking offer tab even if your manual application reject just few weeks back. I think Axis giving card to customers with Akkad Bakkad Bambe Bo logic. Axis bank person told me some people with 15000 salary got Magnus approved.

I was also quite frustrated initially, then I thought I already have enough of super premium cards and I stopped chasing their cards after 20 rejections in past 6 months, which applied through branch, person to person application with KYC and all I tried. Nothing worked, I were applying for Magnus and Reserve only but only once applied for Select which was also rejected. Yes, I do have Priority banking with Axis and 6-7 figure rests in Axis account, I was also going to close but person who helped me to apply past Axis card said don't close account just wait for pre-approved offer to generate. The last application for Magnus rejected was 2nd January 2024, but yesterday 30th January I were just doing payment on app and saw pre-approved offer clicked it and best card available was Axis Select, so click get it now and just filled name that I want on card and bingo, it got approved and just in single day I can see my card dispatched and its also showing up in Axis Netbanking. Axis Bank is really stupid and crazy at the same time. Although I got lower limit, its my first credit card with such lowest limit, I began my credit card journey over 12 years back with HDFC Signature credit card which had initial 1.25 lakh limit. I will say just keep your account open with Axis and keep doing transactions, you will see pre approved offers in sometime and you may get Axis Card. Seeing my card getting approved such easily is not different than magic to me. I don't know whether to get angry on Axis or laugh on it. Such crazy bank.
Bro, Thanks so much for the detailed reply. Really appreciate.

Already closed both my accounts around 1 year back. Constantly had 7 figures in my burgundy SBA with high volume transactions both in my SBA & CA every month (including forex) for almost 2.5 years, yet they had the audacity to even decline my pre approved select card !!!! I just about had enough of these jokers .. CIBIL was in 780s with 0 late late payment, more than 19 years history (Ironically had started my journey with the CITI shopper stop card back in the day with a limit of 67K) yet axis would not & did not approve a card ... lol .. I'm confused if they are just a Bunch of Jokers or just mo**ns !!!!!

Axis giving card to customers with Akkad Bakkad Bambe Bo logic. Axis bank person told me some people with 15000 salary got Magnus approved.
you are right, there ABSOLUTELY NO method to an Axis madness ...... An insane bunch it seems is sitting in underwriting .... Even, they giving you just 52K limit while maintaining a 6-7 figures balance does NOT make any sense !

Bro, Thanks so much for the detailed reply. Really appreciate.

Already closed both my accounts around 1 year back. Constantly had 7 figures in my burgundy SBA with high volume transactions both in my SBA & CA every month (including forex) for almost 2.5 years, yet they had the audacity to even decline my pre approved select card !!!! I just about had enough of these jokers .. CIBIL was in 780s with 0 late late payment, more than 19 years history (Ironically had started my journey with the CITI shopper stop card back in the day with a limit of 67K) yet axis would not & did not approve a card ... lol .. I'm confused if they are just a Bunch of Jokers or just mo**ns !!!!!
Yes, they are crazy and I also gave response to them in very tough language. Axis cards is gamble game. You may try open Priority and just keep it active and keep checking for offers. Hope someday you will get lucky enough like me to get it dispatched in a single day. Although I gave up hope on getting Axis card just first week of January 2024.

Hell of a ride..huh 😌

Back