• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank launched Axis Bank Rewards credit card

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hi,
Axis bank launched axis rewards credit card, it might replace citi rewards credit card soon.

reward-credit-card-banner-480x340.jpg

Charges:-
Joining Fees- Rs. 1000+GST
Annual Fees- Rs. 1000+GST
Annual fees reversal criteria- spend 2L in a year

Welcome Benefit:- Get 5000 bonus EDGE Points after spending Rs. 1000 within first 30 days.

Benefits:-
Lounge access- 2 domestic lounge access per quarter.
Swiggy- Get 30% instant discount on Swiggy up to INR 150 per month for a minimum transaction value of INR 200. Two times a month.
Fuel Surcharges Waiver- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between INR 400 to INR 5000, with a max cap of Rs.400 on wavier in the statement month.

Reward System-
2 EDGE reward point on every INR 125 spent.
No Reward Points On- Transportation & Tolls, Utilities, Insurance, Educational Institutions, Govt. Institutions, Wallet, Rent, Fuel.
10X (20 EDGE Points) EDGE Rewards on every INR 125 spent at Apparel & Department Stores.
Incremental 9X bonus points is subject to a cap of 1008 points, i.e. if you spend INR 7000 per statement month, you'll get maximum 1008 EDGE Points (9X)
1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.20
So,
core reward rate- 0.32%
10X reward rate- 3.2%
You can also transfer your EDGE points to partner airlines/hotels, transfer rate will be- 5 EDGE Points/10 EDGE Points= 1 Airmiles/Hotel Points (Just like Axis Select/Privilege Card).

Monthly Milestone Benefit- Earn 1500 bonus EDGE points every month after spending 30,000.
Excluded categories- Insurance, Wallet, Rent, EMI

My Opinion: Overall, the Axis Rewards Credit Card is a decent credit card option, but the reward rate may not be as attractive as some other cards at a similar price point. However, the card does offer some appealing benefits, such as lounge access, discount on Swiggy, the monthly milestone bonus and welcome bonus.

Hi. Now that Citi Rewards card is transferred to Axis Rewards, let's have a list of Apparel and Departmental Stores where we are actually getting 10X rewards. Is there a list already existing? Didn't find it on this thread.
You will get 1120 points for 7000 spend at any offline clothes shop and departmental Store.

But if you want to make sure--
Disable transactions and swipe the card at the POS swipe machine
it will fail, then phone customer care to confirm that the MCC code is eligible for 10 x rewards

Buy something useful,
just spend 7000 and ask him to return the change

Last edited:
You will get 1120 points for 7000 spend at any offline clothes shop and departmental Store.

But if you want to make sure--
Disable transactions and swipe the card at the POS swipe machine
it will fail, then phone customer care to confirm that the MCC code is eligible for 10 x rewards

Buy something useful,
just spend 7000 and ask him to return the change
But what about online stores like Dmart, Big Basket, Myntra, etc? Won't they also have these MCCs?

Hi. Please let's make a list of online and offline stores which are giving 10X rewards on Axis Rewards Credit Card. I tried in Dmart Ready but it doesn't have the required MCC.

These are the mcc codes for rewards card.
Even when it was under Citibank, certain department stores like lifestyle, Bata shoes, shoppers stop did not earn 10x points. It was frustrating using that card to realise that points are later given at 1x.
I guess the same will continue post migration.
I had made an Excel sheet of stores where 10x was given, but I deleted that by mistake quite a while ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-02-17-45-17-846_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.webp
    Screenshot_2024-08-02-17-45-17-846_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.webp
    717.6 KB · Views: 10
These are the mcc codes for rewards card.
Even when it was under Citibank, certain department stores like lifestyle, Bata shoes, shoppers stop did not earn 10x points. It was frustrating using that card to realise that points are later given at 1x.
I guess the same will continue post migration.
I had made an Excel sheet of stores where 10x was given, but I deleted that by mistake quite a while ago.
Don't worry just do a dummy transaction with the card temporary blocked and find out the MCC code from customer care

Those who have received 10X points, at least they can share the stores and we can start a list. For experimenting, yeah can use the customer care but if we can use the experience of other folks here, why not?

Those who have received 10X points, at least they can share the stores and we can start a list. For experimenting, yeah can use the customer care but if we can use the experience of other folks here, why not?
Customer care cannot help you by giving you a list of stores for 10x points
they can only tell you the MCC code when you make a transaction which has failed or cleared

Back