• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Card limit from 1 Lakh to 6.5 Lakh in less than month

desaik231

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share my experience with axis bank credit card and how my limit increased from mere 1 lakh to wopping 6.5 lakh.

So this year around march I applied for Axis Flipkart card through webstie and was offered as life time free with just limit of 1 lakh. I tried to contact support team and they denied any increase.

Cut to September big billion sale: I spend more 1 lakh using advanced repayment method. After 2 week my limit was upgraded to 2.5 lakh.

In beginning of October I applied for Axis Vistara Signature card and surprisingly they did not gave any limit increment when I called again they said it has been recently upgraded so they cant upgrade.

Cut to last week I was traveling back from Mumbai to Bangalore and at Mumbai T2 terminal I found Axis Sales Team. First I was hesitant as I recently got the card so there will be cooling period but upon asking the same they said it does not applies to Airport channel and for high end card and they suggested me to go for Magnus.

I was skeptical at first as my income do not falls within eligibility limit and recently issued card but thought I had nothing to lose at worst they will reject my application so I went ahead. Along with normal documents I gave they my HDFC Moneyback Statement which is my oldest card with limit of 6.59 lakhs and they said to me pretty confidently that card would be 100% accepted.

To my surprise couple of days back got call from Axis Bank for verification and today I got the confirmation of card approval along with limit increased to same as HDFC 6.59 lakh.

So technically in over a month's time my limite increased to 6.5x

Ofcourse there are very points about my profile that I must mention I have more than 5 years of Credit History with zero delinquency, multiple cards plus Education loan. Also I work with one of wall street bank so these factors might have played huge role in Credit Evaluation process.

Now I am waiting for my waiting period to get over in SBI as last month I got my first SBI card being SBI Cashback card with fairly good limit of 2 lakh. Even on the airport they denied to take application and asked me to wait for 6 months.

Key Take Away:

Best way to apply for premium cards is the Airport channel where they seeem to have access to priority apprpval and exceptions in eligibility.

K~14

Last edited:
I was super duper lucky. I got 4L limit in my first ever card from any bank - My Zone LTF. No credit history. Cibil score of 2. Had salary account with axis. So it was mostly pre-approved. Just shared one OTP over call and received card in a week.
Bro, you still hold super-premium credit cards inspite of 2 cibil

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share my experience with axis bank credit card and how my limit increased from mere 1 lakh to wopping 6.5 lakh.

So this year around march I applied for Axis Flipkart card through webstie and was offered as life time free with just limit of 1 lakh. I tried to contact support team and they denied any increase.

Cut to September big billion sale: I spend more 1 lakh using advanced repayment method. After 2 week my limit was upgraded to 2.5 lakh.

In beginning of October I applied for Axis Vistara Signature card and surprisingly they did not gave any limit increment when I called again they said it has been recently upgraded so they cant upgrade.

Cut to last week I was traveling back from Mumbai to Bangalore and at Mumbai T2 terminal I found Axis Sales Team. First I was hesitant as I recently got the card so there will be cooling period but upon asking the same they said it does not applies to Airport channel and for high end card and they suggested me to go for Magnus.

I was skeptical at first as my income do not falls within eligibility limit and recently issued card but thought I had nothing to lose at worst they will reject my application so I went ahead. Along with normal documents I gave they my HDFC Moneyback Statement which is my oldest card with limit of 6.59 lakhs and they said to me pretty confidently that card would be 100% accepted.

To my surprise couple of days back got call from Axis Bank for verification and today I got the confirmation of card approval along with limit increased to same as HDFC 6.59 lakh.

Ofcourse there are very points about my profile that I must mention I have more than 5 years of Credit History with zero delinquency, multiple cards plus Education loan. Also I work with one of wall street bank so these factors might have played huge role in Credit Evaluation process.

Now I am waiting for my waiting period to get over in SBI as last month I got my first SBI card being SBI Cashback card with fairly good limit of 2 lakh. Even on the airport they denied to take application and asked me to wait for 6 months.

Key Take Away:

Best way to apply for premium cards is the Airport channel where they seeem to have access to priority apprpval and exceptions in eligibility.

K~14
do you the have the contact number of the sales team?

Ho
Hello Everyone,

Key Take Away:

Hello Everyone,

Key Take Away:

K~14
How did u get that much limit on moneyback

Journey of that card is amazing too. It was just after college days at my first Job office HDFC agent came and I did not knew much and my co worker forced me to apply and got one. started with 30k limit and got upgrades over the time. fighting with bank to upgrade it for LTF they are denying so I am sticking with basic once.

Journey of that card is amazing too. It was just after college days at my first Job office HDFC agent came and I did not knew much and my co worker forced me to apply and got one. started with 30k limit and got upgrades over the time. fighting with bank to upgrade it for LTF they are denying so I am sticking with basic once.
Yea very similar. Money back was my first card too. Used it for 3 yrs. Just last month upgraded to diners privilege .

Not sure about value proposition. after getting magnus and already having amex and sbi cashback for most spends not sure if its worth it. what do you think?
With diners u wl get free dineout pasport, mmt black those memberships are worth it i guess. If u live in a city which has dineout affiliated restaurants. Also reward rate is very good in dcb plus unlimited lounge access across world with visa its a hit and miss for lounge access

Back