• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AXIS FD Based Secured Credit Card

Hello I have created 20,000 FD and then applied & got CC with 16,000 limit.
I want to purchase a mobile which cost 34,000(Not on emi) so can I add extra money to my credit card to increase its limit and then purchase the mobile.
Will I will be able to purchase like this or will it affect my credit score somehow?
Is there any other way to increase FD based secured credit card limit then please let me know
Thank you

no not possible...buy voucher of remaining amount like flipkart or amazon voucher...from where u plan to buy and use 100% limit of ur card for purchase....just make sure u prepay before bill generation and keep the usage below 30%....and in axis...u cant increase the card limit by doing more fd....

Last edited:
@Batmanbaba is right, prepay before statement generation or else bank reports it to CIBIL affecting your score. Utilization of 100% limit is never recommended. Moreover try to get an unsecured credit card which will have a better chance of high limit because secured cards like card against FD usually have max limit of 80% of FD amount.

@Batmanbaba is right, prepay before statement generation or else bank reports it to CIBIL affecting your score. Utilization of 100% limit is never recommended. Moreover try to get an unsecured credit card which will have a better chance of high limit because secured cards like card against FD usually have max limit of 80% of FD amount.
Axis gives the least....they loves to be at bottom everywhere .... Icici gives 90%, idfc wow 100%, paisa bazaar card also 100% and one card gives 110%

Back