• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AXIS Magnus | Booking flights via TravelEdge or Yatra Gift Vouchers from Gyfter

James2307mr

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have got my Axis Magnus card delivered yesterday. I am looking to book flights (4 flights costing Rs. 9000 each) and have a few questions.

From my understanding, ER points to be earned:
  1. TravelEdge Portal - 5X Reward Points (No Capping on ER Points on TravelEdge)
    • [(9000 * 4 * 12)/200] * 5X = 10800 ER Points
  2. Yatra Gift Vouchers from Gyfter - 10X Reward Points (No Capping on ER Points earned on Gyfter)
    • Currently I am able to see Rs. 2000 gift vouchers on Gyfter
    • Also, I see that there I can use maximum of 3 vouchers in a booking
    • I am thus planning to book four separate flights in Yatra which would require me to buy 3 * 4 = 12 vouchers from Gyfter.
    • So Rs 6000 per flight I'll pay via Yatra Gift Vouchers and remaining Rs 3000 + Rs 300 (convenience fee) via Magnus Card.
    • [(2000 * 3 * 4 * 12)/200] * 10X = 14400 ER Points through Gyfter
    • [(3200 * 4 * 12)/200] * 1X = 768 ER Points through remaining Booking
    • Total Points: 15168 ER Points
Questions:
  1. Are all the above assumptions and calculations correct?
  2. Is there any other way to gain even more ER points?
  3. On the forums I have read that if the flight is cancelled, Yatra doesn't refund the amount paid via the voucher but on Yatra's website on gift card voucher [link] they say "Balance after deducting Cancellation charges would be refunded to the same Gift Card(s) used. Please don't throw away your Gift Cards till you have completed your travel. Yatra is not responsible if the Gift card is lost, stolen or used without permission. There will be no validity extension in case of refund." What is correct?
  4. Will Gyfter allow me to buy 12 vouchers of Rs. 2000 each or it might throw errors on high quantities of the voucher?
  5. Does Rs. 5000 vouchers come frequently on Gyfter? If yes, what is the frequency, it will help me in maximising the rewards!
  6. The flight tickets I'll be booking are a gift for my mother and father, would that cause an issue with Axis because it might be categorised as not a personal spend?
  7. Are these additional 4368 ER Points worth it to go through so much trouble and experience the Yatra portal?
  8. Also I have read on forums that different denomination vouchers aren't allowed on Yatra. Is this correct?
It would be really helpful if you can answer any of the questions above.

PS Do let know other tips and tricks which can be used with the Magnus card.

1. correct (I just check your calculation method not calculations)
2. no
3. depends on cancellation policy, you can get refund to gv, but if there is a chance of cancellation, I'll suggest you to not to use GV.
4. most probably it will allow you.
5. if you have time, wait for 5k gv, I have seen 5k gv
6. No
7. No
8. never faced such issue, but no recent experience, so I'm not sure.

1. correct (I just check your calculation method not calculations)
2. no
3. depends on cancellation policy, you can get refund to gv, but if there is a chance of cancellation, I'll suggest you to not to use GV.
4. most probably it will allow you.
5. if you have time, wait for 5k gv, I have seen 5k gv
6. No
7. No
8. never faced such issue, but no recent experience, so I'm not sure.
Thanks a lot!

I'll go and book directly via TravelEdge only.

The perfect questions and answers I was looking for.

I had one doubt.
I have two 5k yatra gv, will be using 8300 from that, will 1700 be forfeit if I use both gv ?
Or does the balance stay.

Would be easier if yatra also had a wallet, add gv and use easily, track refund, etc

Also one more doubt crept in

If suppose I make bookings only from Yatra @10x using gv, say of 1lakh in a month using the gv.

I will receive 30k milestone + 60k (100000x6%x10 = 60k) = 90k points ?🤯🤯

Is this correct or I am missing something 😅

Also one more doubt crept in

If suppose I make bookings only from Yatra @10x using gv, say of 1lakh in a month using the gv.

I will receive 30k milestone + 60k (100000x6%x10 = 60k) = 90k points ?🤯🤯

Is this correct or I am missing something 😅
You will get 25k milestone + 60k = 85k

But 2 days back, Gyftr has added some limitations. If your account is new, following are the limitations for voucher purchases:

1) Max 15k if account is 10 days old
2) Max 25k if account is 30 days old
3) Max 75k if account is 90 days old
4) thereafter, max 100k per month

You will get 25k milestone + 60k = 85k

But 2 days back, Gyftr has added some limitations. If your account is new, following are the limitations for voucher purchases:

1) Max 15k if account is 10 days old
2) Max 25k if account is 30 days old
3) Max 75k if account is 90 days old
4) thereafter, max 100k per month
Oh yes 25k 😅

This limits are even existing through axis grabdeal >gyftr ?

Can you share a link for this?

Have the axis magnus card for 2 months, haven't made any gc purchase yet.

Oh yes 25k 😅

This limits are even existing through axis grabdeal >gyftr ?

Can you share a link for this?

Have the axis magnus card for 2 months, haven't made any gc purchase yet.
So Gyftr and grabdeals TnCs are separate. Although you can access Gyftr through Grabdeals, but grabdeals limit don't apply on Gyftr. In fact, most of the people don't use grabdeals to visit Gyftr, they directly visit.

For the limits that have been imposed on Gyftr, there is no official source as of now. But there are 2-3 threads here talking about the same.

Secondly, as I have written above. The limit is on account age and not card age. You may have the card from one year but if you made a Gyftr account today, it will be considered a brand new account.

In fact, most of the people don't use grabdeals to visit Gyftr, they directly visit.
So you are saying if I go directly yo Gyftr.com I will still get the 5x or 10x using my axis magnus ?

Not sure of the age of my gyftr account , as I have definitely logged into it using my hdfc and same number couple of times in last few years.

Just that from axis it's a new login.

Standalone gyftr.com I doubt I have ever accessed.

You mean now only 1 GV can be uses in 1 booking ?
First of all,
Yatra has this weird rule of using same denomination vouchers.
If you are using a 5k voucher, other 2 voucher must be of 5k only.
Secondly there is a limit of 3 vouchers per transaction.

I don't know if the second point is changed, i.e. the limit of vouchers to be used per transaction might have changed.
But we can be sure after someone in community shares his/her experience, that even after using same denomination gv's he is unable to use 3 in one go.

Back