• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AXIS Magnus | Booking flights via TravelEdge or Yatra Gift Vouchers from Gyfter

James2307mr

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have got my Axis Magnus card delivered yesterday. I am looking to book flights (4 flights costing Rs. 9000 each) and have a few questions.

From my understanding, ER points to be earned:
  1. TravelEdge Portal - 5X Reward Points (No Capping on ER Points on TravelEdge)
    • [(9000 * 4 * 12)/200] * 5X = 10800 ER Points
  2. Yatra Gift Vouchers from Gyfter - 10X Reward Points (No Capping on ER Points earned on Gyfter)
    • Currently I am able to see Rs. 2000 gift vouchers on Gyfter
    • Also, I see that there I can use maximum of 3 vouchers in a booking
    • I am thus planning to book four separate flights in Yatra which would require me to buy 3 * 4 = 12 vouchers from Gyfter.
    • So Rs 6000 per flight I'll pay via Yatra Gift Vouchers and remaining Rs 3000 + Rs 300 (convenience fee) via Magnus Card.
    • [(2000 * 3 * 4 * 12)/200] * 10X = 14400 ER Points through Gyfter
    • [(3200 * 4 * 12)/200] * 1X = 768 ER Points through remaining Booking
    • Total Points: 15168 ER Points
Questions:
  1. Are all the above assumptions and calculations correct?
  2. Is there any other way to gain even more ER points?
  3. On the forums I have read that if the flight is cancelled, Yatra doesn't refund the amount paid via the voucher but on Yatra's website on gift card voucher [link] they say "Balance after deducting Cancellation charges would be refunded to the same Gift Card(s) used. Please don't throw away your Gift Cards till you have completed your travel. Yatra is not responsible if the Gift card is lost, stolen or used without permission. There will be no validity extension in case of refund." What is correct?
  4. Will Gyfter allow me to buy 12 vouchers of Rs. 2000 each or it might throw errors on high quantities of the voucher?
  5. Does Rs. 5000 vouchers come frequently on Gyfter? If yes, what is the frequency, it will help me in maximising the rewards!
  6. The flight tickets I'll be booking are a gift for my mother and father, would that cause an issue with Axis because it might be categorised as not a personal spend?
  7. Are these additional 4368 ER Points worth it to go through so much trouble and experience the Yatra portal?
  8. Also I have read on forums that different denomination vouchers aren't allowed on Yatra. Is this correct?
It would be really helpful if you can answer any of the questions above.

PS Do let know other tips and tricks which can be used with the Magnus card.

No, all 3 are different
This is the reason, why you are not able to use all 3 of them at once.
Now do one thing,
simply purchase the remaining vouchers of same denominations.
And 2 vouchers which you will have left, just list them up on Zingoy for 5-6% discount, so this way you can recover your stuck money and also reap the bonus on Yatra txn.

This is the reason, why you are not able to use all 3 of them at once.
Now do one thing,
simply purchase the remaining vouchers of same denominations.
And 2 vouchers which you will have left, just list them up on Zingoy for 5-6% discount, so this way you can recover your stuck money and also reap the bonus on Yatra txn.
Actually I did not find the same denomination rule while purchasing gift card so was not aware.

Is this rule since long time or just introduced?

First of all,
Yatra has this weird rule of using same denomination vouchers.
If you are using a 5k voucher, other 2 voucher must be of 5k only.
Secondly there is a limit of 3 vouchers per transaction.

I don't know if the second point is changed, i.e. the limit of vouchers to be used per transaction might have changed.
But we can be sure after someone in community shares his/her experience, that even after using same denomination gv's he is unable to use 3 in one go.
I have tried. 3 vouchers of the same denomination can be used for a single booking. Couple of points to note here.
1. Other coupon codes can't be used.
2. If there is a cancellation and if you are entitled to any sort of refund, they would not be able to give any refund. In my case, I was eligible for a refund of around 4k which they refused to give even as GV. I had done the booking using 3 vouchers of 5k each

I have tried. 3 vouchers of the same denomination can be used for a single booking. Couple of points to note here.
1. Other coupon codes can't be used.
2. If there is a cancellation and if you are entitled to any sort of refund, they would not be able to give any refund. In my case, I was eligible for a refund of around 4k which they refused to give even as GV. I had done the booking using 3 vouchers of 5k each
Is these 3 vouchers with same expiry date..last time i was unable to use 2nd voucher with same denomination ..any hidden terms

You already asked the same question here

Post in thread 'Advice on whether to keep or cancel Axis Magnus credit card with high annual fee.' https://www.technofino.in/community...t-card-with-high-annual-fee.12511/post-232926

Please refrain from asking the same question in multiple threads.
I would not take 1 opinion to decide my next steps. No harm in a 2nd opinion man, i just dont trust one, when it comes to money. I never heard of woohoo, hence checked. Needn't be annoyed since you had responded to it bro.

I would not take 1 opinion to decide my next steps. No harm in a 2nd opinion man, i just dont trust one, when it comes to money. I never heard of woohoo, hence checked. Needn't be annoyed since you had responded to it bro.
Feel free to gather as many opinions as you desire, but posting in multiple threads and asking the same question repeatedly is considered spamming.

And don't you think that if I had provided an incorrect answer, other members would have stepped forward to correct me? 🤣

Back