• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Burgundy vs INFINIA METAL

drabhishek90

TF Buzz
Hi everyone. Even though I am new in posting, I have been following this community for around a month now. I am wishing to have an Infinia Metal Card or a Magnus Burgundy Card. I have been an HDFC customer for more than10 years but am still stuck on Regalia Gold. Currently upgraded to Imperia Account of HDFC. However Infinia card Seema outreached to me since they need an ITR of 60 lacs currently. I am ok to open a Burgundy account with Axis while maintaining 10lacs AMB. So should I chase Magnus Burgundy or go after Infinia Metal??

Hi everyone. Even though I am new in posting, I have been following this community for around a month now. I am wishing to have an Infinia Metal Card or a Magnus Burgundy Card. I have been an HDFC customer for more than10 years but am still stuck on Regalia Gold. Currently upgraded to Imperia Account of HDFC. However Infinia card Seema outreached to me since they need an ITR of 60 lacs currently. I am ok to open a Burgundy account with Axis while maintaining 10lacs AMB. So should I chase Magnus Burgundy or go after Infinia Metal??
If you think the card is out of reach, then why have you asked about Infinia ?

----

Regarding card selection, There would be some who would suggest MB while others would suggest Infinia. Depends on your monthly usage. If you would be spending More than 1.5L in most of the months and/or would be spending more on flights/hotels, then MB would give you more in terms of points via travel edge etc etc

If your spends are varied and in most months, under 1-1.5L limit with mediocre travel/hotel bookings amounts (maybe twice in a month or less), then Infinia would be better and the RP you would get would be 3.33% base and accelerated RPs vis smartbuy (capping could be touched at 90k for 5X )

Depends on your usage and spends.

I am ok to open a Burgundy account with Axis while maintaining 10lacs AMB. So should I chase Magnus Burgundy

Appreciate that you're ok with 10L MAB (strict criteria) and 35K Annual Fee.

Before going for these two cards, first identify your spend pattern and categories. Use below thread for help!

- https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/guide-to-suggest-a-credit-card-basic-requirements.32560/

Then check existing cards with you that offers almost equal reward points for your specific spends.

For ex: Regalia gold check below thread for reward rate for various spends!

- https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/axis-atlas-vs-hdfc-regalia-gold-vs-axis-horizon.26500/

Note: Regalia Gold for 5L spends can get almost 10% for travel redemption, if used properly.

M4B need 1.5L spends as mentioned by @NOOBY (in short it requires at least 8L+ spends to get better returns).

If you think the card is out of reach, then why have you asked about Infinia ?

----

Regarding card selection, There would be some who would suggest MB while others would suggest Infinia. Depends on your monthly usage. If you would be spending More than 1.5L in most of the months and/or would be spending more on flights/hotels, then MB would give you more in terms of points via travel edge etc etc

If your spends are varied and in most months, under 1-1.5L limit with mediocre travel/hotel bookings amounts (maybe twice in a month or less), then Infinia would be better and the RP you would get would be 3.33% base and accelerated RPs vis smartbuy (capping could be touched at 90k for 5X )

Depends on your usage and spends.
Thanks for a detailed answer. You have rightly said that since I’m not eligible for Infinia at present. Should directly go for M4B currently. And rethink about this question once and if I become eligible for Infinia.

Regarding my usage pattern, it’s generally a mixed usage of hotels, flights and general spends amounting to 1 lacs a month. My another major spend is of around 1.5lacs per month on rent, petrol and utility which won’t be covered by M4B. What should I do for that?

Appreciate that you're ok with 10L MAB (strict criteria) and 35K Annual Fee.

Before going for these two cards, first identify your spend pattern and categories. Use below thread for help!

- https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/guide-to-suggest-a-credit-card-basic-requirements.32560/

Then check existing cards with you that offers almost equal reward points for your specific spends.

For ex: Regalia gold check below thread for reward rate for various spends!

- https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/axis-atlas-vs-hdfc-regalia-gold-vs-axis-horizon.26500/

Note: Regalia Gold for 5L spends can get almost 10% for travel redemption, if used properly.

M4B need 1.5L spends as mentioned by @NOOBY (in short it requires at least 8L+ spends to get better returns).
Appreciate your help. I went through these threads. But I guess I’m inclined on getting a so called Super Premium Card once.

Appreciate your help. I went through these threads. But I guess I’m inclined on getting a so called Super Premium Card once.

Regarding my usage pattern, it’s generally a mixed usage of hotels, flights and general spends amounting to 1 lacs a month. My another major spend is of around 1.5lacs per month on rent, petrol and utility which won’t be covered by M4B. What should I do for that?

then for this spend pattern, you're more beneficial with Infinia than M4B. For Infinia: Either you have to spend heavily on Regalia Gold, or Apply through Branch support.

Note: Even for Infinia Rent, Petrol not covered and Utility has limitation. Infact, no bank allowed them now, not only limited to these two banks.

At any point, still not able to get Infinia then its better to opt for card whichever available currently than waiting for required card. When you have both, maybe decide at that time which one to keep but for now stick to easy to get one.

But as mentioned, with your spends its not beneficial much with M4B, even Atlas can help you better compared to it. Its upto you.

@drsel , any insights about M4B here for this spend pattern?

then for this spend pattern, you're more beneficial with Infinia than M4B. For Infinia: Either you have to spend heavily on Regalia Gold, or Apply through Branch support.

Note: Even for Infinia Rent, Petrol not covered and Utility has limitation. Infact, no bank allowed them now, not only limited to these two banks.

At any point, still not able to get Infinia then its better to opt for card whichever available currently than waiting for required card. When you have both, maybe decide at that time which one to keep but for now stick to easy to get one.

But as mentioned, with your spends its not beneficial much with M4B, even Atlas can help you better compared to it. Its upto you.

Yes you should go for Magnus Burgundy and try to club you expenses to cross 1.5 lakh in a month every now and then..
Anyway you are not eligible for Infinia, so the answer is obvious.

Yes you should go for Magnus Burgundy and try to club you expenses to cross 1.5 lakh in a month every now and then..
Anyway you are not eligible for Infinia, so the answer is obvious.
Yeah. That’s what I thought. I have seen on other platforms that @drsel is an avid M4B advocator. I have decided to go for M4B for now. And chase for Infinia later on, if easily available.

I have another question. M4B gives 24% reward rate for Travel Edge. If I choose Accor points while reframing, won’t I get 1.8 x the value as stated in some forums for Atlas Axis card. Then the reward rate might go up to 43.2% ???

Thanks. I do hold an Atlas card. But it’s reward rate of 10% for flights and hotels looks meagre as compared to 24% for M4B

I have another question. M4B gives 24% reward rate for Travel Edge. If I choose Accor points while reframing, won’t I get 1.8 x the value as stated in some forums for Atlas Axis card. Then the reward rate might go up to 43.2% ???

Yes.. Only in 2L case.

60 EP/200

Accor= 5:4 = 48 Accor Points

Thanks. I do hold an Atlas card. But it’s reward rate of 10% for flights and hotels looks meagre as compared to 24% for M4B

I have a theory that 10% is close to M4B reward rate with fee, trv etc. you may not like it 😀.

Ignore it, since anyway you want to get M4B, go for it and good luck, happy spending.

Yeah yeah. Thanks. But it feels strange to me that no one is talking about 48% returns. It makes up for everything else according to me.

That is true in theory.
anyway, keep it a secret otherwise the other cards will not sell at all.

Thanks for a detailed answer. You have rightly said that since I’m not eligible for Infinia at present. Should directly go for M4B currently. And rethink about this question once and if I become eligible for Infinia.

Yes, rent payments won't earn RP in case of MB (not sure if that would be counted in Fee waiver as well or not).

You can also try to check for HSBC Premier (if you want Premium Card). Or, you can also try to spend around 8L in 6 months via Regalia Gold and then try to get Infinia via upgrade route.

Yeah. That’s what I thought. I have seen on other platforms that drsel is an avid M4B advocator. I have decided to go for M4B for now. And chase for Infinia later on, if easily available.
That's true 😛

My personal suggestion (by looking at your inputs and as @helloworld too said), MB is not worth paying in your case.

Yes, rent payments won't earn RP in case of MB (not sure if that would be counted in Fee waiver as well or not).

You can also try to check for HSBC Premier (if you want Premium Card). Or, you can also try to spend around 8L in 6 months via Regalia Gold and then try to get Infinia via upgrade route.

That's true 😛

My personal suggestion (by looking at your inputs and as @helloworld too said), MB is not worth paying in your case.
HSBC Premier has a low reward rate of 3% only. Rent payments till 50000 are considered in M4B, although I’m not sure they will be continued till when.
I will keep on trying for Infinia in the coming year. But currently I think I have fell in love with M4B 😍

Yeah yeah. Thanks. But it feels strange to me that no one is talking about 48% returns. It makes up for everything else according to me.
Well not entirely... TravelEdge fares are inflated by 10-11%. So real rate is around 12-14%.

Also, when you want to calculate returns, do not consider 1.8 multiplier for Accor, as similar category hotels will be available for lesser price if booked from OTA platforms with card discounts. Better to consider 1:1 conversion to calculate real life return

Well not entirely... TravelEdge fares are inflated by 10-11%. So real rate is around 12-14%.

Also, when you want to calculate returns, do not consider 1.8 multiplier for Accor, as similar category hotels will be available for lesser price if booked from OTA platforms with card discounts. Better to consider 1:1 conversion to calculate real life return
Thanks for the info. That’s some real inside data you told me. 😁

Back