• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Burgundy vs INFINIA METAL

I used to think rent payment up to 50K per month qualifies for both base and accelerated edge points. After 50K, there is nothing though.

also, in case you are not flexible with travel dates or cannot plan well in advance, using air miles does not always work out well. So, infinia points which can be used in smartbuy comes very handy. MB is very poor in such cases.
Another disadvantage of MB is lack of vouchers (amazon, flipkart, zomato etc)which earns 5X or 3X rewards.
Utilities/Jewelry are excluded in MB. How about infinia?

btw, I have both infinia and MB.
The thing I love about Infinia: smartbuy 5x rewards. flexibility to book flight ticket.
And for MB: travledge 30 ER/100INR and AEP 35 ER/100 Miles.

Thanks for the info. That’s some real inside data you told me. 😁
Great, Not to be pessimistic just make sure to keep the bills for your spends(even if its 100rs). AXIS will ask, its not the matter of "IF", its the matter of "WHEN". Hope you catalogue the bills as per date. Sharing with experience.

Keeping the bills is not possible. You can get the bills of flights and hotel bookings from your email. But bills of small spending’s are generally not available. What did you do when Axis asked for them?

btw, I have both infinia and MB.
The thing I love about Infinia: smartbuy 5x rewards. flexibility to book flight ticket.
And for MB: travledge 30 ER/100INR and AEP 35 ER/100 Miles.
Planning to do the same in future. Currently I’m not eligible for Infinia.

Your point regarding Air miles being wasted if tickets are cancelled is worth taking care of while making the bookings. Thanks for that.

Keeping the bills is not possible. You can get the bills of flights and hotel bookings from your email. But bills of small spending’s are generally not available. What did you do when Axis asked for them?

then be prepared to redeem and close card in limited time.

I Dont keep points in AXIS, keep redeeming & when the edge account got blocked I close the card and moved on. I tried to rational with them but they were adamant on providing bills for eating out aswell -350 -400rs

You guys mean that even if we do genuine household travelling, the card may get blocked.

No, they will request the necessary information, and you’ll need to provide it. If the spends are genuine, they will typically approve it and unblock the card. However, the process can be time-consuming, and you’ll need to approach it with patience.

Once it's resolved, you may find yourself questioning, "Was it really worth all that effort?"

Great, Not to be pessimistic just make sure to keep the bills for your spends(even if its 100rs). AXIS will ask, its not the matter of "IF", its the matter of "WHEN". Hope you catalogue the bills as per date. Sharing with experience.
I have seen in the forum that many atlas user faced this issue. Did people with other card e.g. magnus, reserve, M4B also face this?

Isn't there a stipulated period of time within which banks can ask for bills, etc.?

Few things you should think about is, is it worth it to keep 10L in Savings account for atleast 3 months just so that you can get a 35k rupee paid card with no joining/renewal fees. The card might get devalued at any moment. You'll loose out on interest on that 10L balance. And if you take it out, you'll be downgraded to normal magnus.
If you think based on your spends, that you'll be profitable after this then you should take it.
Also consider if investing this amount to some better place and using cards like atlas/plat travel would offer somewhat similar returns.
You can also try to negotiate for DCB as you said you just want to try out a premium card.

Back