• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus (Non-Burgundy) renewal fees reversed

sidk04

TF Buzz
My renewal was due on 18th December 2023. My yearly spend did not cross the threshold limit for waiver of charges. My yearly spend was somewhere around ₹8 lakhs.

Now, after the renewal fees was charged I did use my card multiple times. When I called and wrote to customer care they refused to reverse the fees or give any benefit for the same since the card was used post the fees was charged.

At first they straight away refused to give any retention benefit. I wrote to higher level department to provide me with terms and conditions mentioned in their website which clearly stated that fees cannot be reversed if the card has been used after fees has been charged. It took around 10 days and after dozens of emails and multiple calls they finally reversed the charges today.

Last edited:

abhiver

TF Premier
Is Axis Magnus has it worth now. Is it better than the Axis Atlas.

I have HDFC regalia Gold to cover my requirement of Lounges, so I feel like paying 12500 may not be worth it.

rayhan12

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My renewal was due on 18th December 2023. My yearly spend did not cross the threshold limit for waiver of charges. My yearly spend was somewhere around ₹8 lakhs.

Now, after the renewal fees was charged I did use my card multiple times. When I called and wrote to customer care they refused to reverse the fees or give any benefit for the same since the card was used post the fees was charged.

At first they straight away refused to give any retention benefit. I wrote to higher level department to provide me with terms and conditions mentioned in their website which clearly stated that fees cannot be reversed if the card has been used after fees has been charged. It took around 10 days and after dozens of emails and multiple calls they finally reversed the charges today.
I was charged annual fees today and my annual spend was around 13 14 lakhs, now I want to close the card and also I want the reversal of the fee.
Any tips ? any emails to contact ? Do let me know.

Thanks.

So your fees reversed and close the card ? Or continue?

sidk04

TF Buzz
Any info for this ?
All I did was kept emailing them on premium.experience@axisbank.com for reversal of fees. I just kept repeating one thing "Card can be closed before generation of last statement and axis has to reverse the fees. Even if I have made the transaction the former does not changes since Axis has nowhere clarified about this. They tried to close my query multiple times by giving generic replies but I never allowed them to close it. I kept repeating the same thing i.e., if I want to reverse my annual fees before generation of final bill for first year I can. They straight away refused to do any reversal and kept repeating the spend threshold for reversal.

Finally i emailed nodal.officer@axisbank.com and pno@axisbank.com with all the email trails and full summary of my 2 week communication with premium.experience@axisbank.com. In their first reply they refused to do anything and kept giving me reason of not crossing threshold for reversal of fees. Finally as a last resort I tried bring RBI into picture.

After sending the final mail I received a call from Axis PNO next day saying that they will be reversing the charges as one time gesture and I can use the card.

Below is the mail I sent-

Brief of case:
I own an Axis Magnus Card ending XXXX. Post devaluation of this card I wanted to cancel this card as it was not worth owning this card. I asked for cancellation of my card in the first week of December 2023. After paying all my dues I had called the customer care again for cancellation. They said the request would be processed in 1 week. However no action was taken after that. Now annual fees have been charged for next year which I was not aware of. Right now the team is refusing my request to cancel and reverse the charges as a transaction was done after the fees was levied. I also gave an option for settlement to your team by providing me with some kind of benefit for such a charge. However they even refused to do that.

I have received dozens of calls from the customer department who have absolutely no idea about this situation. The emails I have been receiving from your goodself seems to be auto generated as no resolution other than a generic statement is being given by your side.

Current situation

You have clearly rejected all my requests.

As per your earlier mail you have claimed that you will be unable to reverse the Annual fee as you have utilized your credit card post Annual fee which was levied on your credit card. Kindly provide me with a link of MITC or any Tnc available on your website or public domain which clearly states that card fees cannot be reversed if the card has been utilised post levy of annual fees.

Please note that RBI guidelines clearly state that you cannot levy or cancel request for reversal of charges if the same were not intimated to the customer beforehand. The intimation should be in form of direct communication or availability of Tnc in the public domain.

Possible Resolutions:

1. Reverse the card charges and I'll cancel the card by paying all other dues.
2. Provide me some compensation for such charges if reversal is not possible
3. Provide me with link of MITC as stated above

bid_123

TF Neo
Hi,
I have axis magnus (non burgundy) and was charged annual fee on 4th May. I emailed the premium services account and called customer care on 5th May. CC representative said reversal is not possible, however premium services has responded with an SN reference number. I have billed ~12L in the last year and want to either cancel my card (with all dues paid apart from annual fee) or get the fee waived off. Kindly advice on best way forward.
They normally reverse the fees if you crossed 12L minimum though.