• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Should I go for Axis Magnus (non burgundy) renewal?

harshunlimited

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My Magnus (non burgundy) renewal is coming up at the end of December 2023.
I am short of 1.80L from 15L annual spend for fee waiver. Should I go for it?
I have genuine spends worth 2L coming up in the next week (Medical Insurance, Kid's school fee).
Would you guys reckon should I do?
Have been using Infinia since Sep 23.
A payment of Rs. 2L not from infinia would result in approx loss of 6% in Accor points.

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have genuine spends worth 2L coming up in the next week (Medical Insurance, Kid's school fee).
A payment of Rs. 2L not from infinia would result in approx loss of 6% in Accor points.
Call them up and check, they’re reversing fee with 12L spends. Just confirm once though, before renewal.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

No need for extra 2 lac to be used. Just call customer care and they will reverse the annual fee
This is correct.. no need to lose current points thru Infinia, for the future useless card... Just ask them.. take it if given without any further spends or leave it..

saurabhduasd

TF Select
If you decide to spend 2L on magnus , check if they consider these spends towards calculation of waiver criteria as they have excluded a lot of MCC recently

harshunlimited

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just spoke the Customer care executive regarding waiving off the renewal fee with 13.5L spends already throughout the year, he said you'll have to wait till January statement in which the fees will be charged and then call them for the request of fee waiver and he'll see what can be done.

Should I even wait for it or go for cancellation now?

I'll definitely not be using this magnus next year. Only BOGO on BMS and ED Birthday coupon were best use case for me.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Just spoke the Customer care executive regarding waiving off the renewal fee with 13.5L spends already throughout the year, he said you'll have to wait till January statement in which the fees will be charged and then call them for the request of fee waiver and he'll see what can be done.

I'll definitely not be using this magnus next year. Only BOGO on BMS and ED Birthday coupon were best use case for me.
then the question would be : are the above worth 12.5 K + GST ?
I believe you can answer yourself...

and to be honest I would not take Vanilla Magnus even if it is LTF ...

harshunlimited

TF Select
VIP Lounge
then the question would be : are the above worth 12.5 K + GST ?
I believe you can answer yourself...
No way, I asked this if even I should bother with calling them & request for a fee waiver for 2nd year.
Calling support executives is one of the most bothersome thing to me and that too ye Axis waale and that too magnus ke liye waiver ki bheek mangna..uff, I ll just get it cancelled now once they add Atlas in my app.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
No way, I asked this if even I should bother with calling them & request for a fee waiver for 2nd year.
Calling support executives is one of the most bothersome thing to me and that too ye Axis waale and that too magnus ke liye waiver ki bheek mangna..uff, I ll just get it cancelled now once they add Atlas in my app.
Good Choice . .

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge

They are still reversing the fees, so do not use the card. Let them add the 10k + GST (it remains 10k + GST for old users). Call customer service (don't waste your time here; tell them to connect to the retention team for card cancellation). Connect with the retention team, then ask for a fee waiver or close the card.
They can reverse the fee and close the card (in case you are ineligible for a fee waiver) if there have been no transactions since the fee was added.

Last edited:

harshunlimited

TF Select
VIP Lounge
They are still reversing the fees, so do not use the card. Let them add the 10k + GST (it remains 10k + GST for old users). Call customer service (don't waste your time here; tell them to connect to the retention team for card cancellation). Connect with the retention team, then ask for a fee waiver or close the card.
They can reverse the fee and close the card (in case you are ineligible for a fee waiver) if there have been no transactions since the fee was added.
Will surely follow this

Reactions: CMG

harshunlimited

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Update:
Spoke to the CC officer on 28th Dec after I could see on app that the renewal charges has been levied, he connected to the cancellation team, they said they cannot offer fee waiver for 1.80L short of 15L, I requested to go ahead with the cancellation, the idiot said the charge of 11.8k must still paid as we have used the card for 1 year, I had to remind him, I paid the joining fees last year, he was adamant that joining fees is like an admission fee & renewal charges are card usage fees for preceding year, scratching my head, I told him firmly, no charges would be paid at any cost & I must speak to his senior, he held the phone on hold for 5 mins, said he's taking request for cancellation of card with temporary block on the card & if the bank approves, the card would be cancelled which I'll come to know in 5 days. After 2 days on 30th Dec, received the message of card cancellation.

Reactions: CMG

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Update:
Spoke to the CC officer on 28th Dec after I could see on app that the renewal charges has been levied, he connected to the cancellation team, they said they cannot offer fee waiver for 1.80L short of 15L, I requested to go ahead with the cancellation, the idiot said the charge of 11.8k must still paid as we have used the card for 1 year, I had to remind him, I paid the joining fees last year, he was adamant that joining fees is like an admission fee & renewal charges are card usage fees for preceding year, scratching my head, I told him firmly, no charges would be paid at any cost & I must speak to his senior, he held the phone on hold for 5 mins, said he's taking request for cancellation of card with temporary block on the card & if the bank approves, the card would be cancelled which I'll come to know in 5 days. After 2 days on 30th Dec, received the message of card cancellation.
If that is the case, then I am no longer recommending this trick.