• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus : Optimal Usage Guide and Valuation

Axis Magnus is undoubtedly the hot cake in the credit card community now. Everyone is jumping for it just because they just don't want to miss out. There are people who also are thinking if it's the right card for them or not as their spending is not at the higher end. This article is going to be useful for them as well as who're already holding this card but haven't made a proper spending calculations and value calculations.

IMG_4249.JPG

First Let's talk about what are the features that make Magnus the best card out there in overall manner.

Sweet Spots:

1. Flat 4.8% reward rate
2. 25K bonus Edge RP on monthly ₹1L milestone, boost return to 24.8%
3. 5x RP on Travel Edge, Gift Edge with no cap on bonus RP
4. Markup is 2% + GST. Only useful if hitting ₹1L spending milestone in a calendar month.

Now the 3 Categories of People are:

1. Category 1:
₹12L to 15L of spending per annum

2. Category 2: ₹7L to ₹11L of spending per annum

3. Category 3: ₹4L to ₹6L of spending per annum

For all the 3 Categories you can identify yourself to which you do belong & thus you know where you do spend. Thus not going category wise spending.

Rather what I’m elaborating is where you can earn more and how much is the valueback even if you pay both the joining & annual fee

💸 Category 1:

With ₹12L-15L of spending you’re paying joining fee as well as annual fee unless you’re hitting ₹15L annual spends.

Assuming that you’re hitting 1L milestone for at least 10 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 10 = 2.5L RP

For 12L Spends: 6K * 12 = 72K RP

For ₹15L Spends: 6K * 15 = 90K RP

Total RP Gain:

For ₹15L = 2.5L + 90K = 3,60,000 Edge RP

For ₹12L = 2.5L + 72K = 3,22,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹15L = 2,88,000

For ₹12L = 2,57,600

That’s 2x BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN round trip in F class for you in both the cases

Fee Vs Value:

For 15L
of annual spends you’re getting fee waiver. You’re paying only ₹11,800 as joining fee

For 12L
of annual spends you’re paying both joining and annual fee. You’re paying ₹23,600

In both cases you’re getting ₹10K Tata Cliq voucher + ₹6L worth Flight Fare

💸 Category 2:

For ₹7L-₹11L of spending you’re paying both the joining and annual fee.

Assuming that you’re hitting ₹1L milestone at least for 5 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 5 = 1.25L RP

For ₹7L Spends: 6K * 7 = 42K RP

For ₹11L Spends: 6K * 11 = 66K RP

Total RP Gain:

For ₹11L = 1.25L + 66K = 1,91,000 Edge RP

For ₹7L = 1.25L + 42K = 1,67,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹11L = 1,52,800

For ₹7L = 1,33,600

That’s BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN roundtrip 1) 1x in Business Class & 1x in Economy Class
Or 2) 1x in F Class

Fee Vs Value:

For both cases you’re paying joining + annual fee, which is ₹23,600 in total.

You’re getting 10K Tata Cliq Vouchers in both cases of joining and renewal. ₹1.85L (Business + Economy) or ₹3L worth of Flight Ticket.

💸 Category 3:

For ₹4L-₹6L of spending you’re paying both the joining and annual fee.

Assuming that you’re hitting ₹1L milestone at least for 3 months.

Total milestone RP: 25K * 3 = 75K

For ₹4L Spends: 6K * 4 = 24K

For ₹6L Spends: 6K * 6 = 36K

Total RP Gain:

For ₹6L = 75K + 36K = 1,10,000 Edge RP

For ₹4L = 75K + 24K = 99,000 Edge RP

Equivalent KF Miles:

For ₹6L = 88,000

For ₹4L = 79,200

That’s BOM/DEL 🔁 SIN round trip 1) 1x in Business Class. 2) 2x in Economy Class

⚠️For ₹4L spends you’re short of 6K Miles

Fee Vs Value:

For both cases you’re paying joining + annual fee, which is ₹23,600 in total.

You’re getting 10K Tata Cliq Vouchers in both cases of joining and renewal. ₹1.2L (Business) or ₹1.3L (2x Economy) worth of Flight Ticket

Above all are the “Flat Value” calculations and ofcourse, real life usage will differ from one individual to another, but that’s what you get at those spending brackets.

That’s not the all, with Magnus you’ve access to quite a decent amount of accelerated RPs, monthly.

Accelerated RP Earning:

Gift Edge:

1. 3x RP on amazon voucher, with a monthly capping of ₹10K worth of vouchers
2. 5x RP on Croma, Tata Cliq, Flipkart, Kalyan Jewellery, PCJ, Reliance Digital, Blinkit etc
3. 10x RP on Myntra, Shopper’s Stop, Pantaloons, Yatra, MMT, KFC, Pizza Hut, Domino’s etc

Travel Edge:

You get 5x RP if you book flight and hotels via Travel Edge

Grab Deals:

Often you can see cashback or accelerated RP through it, but comes with capping

As you can see most of you basic needs will be covered with the vouchers

This is an overall usage guide, it’s not meant to be 100% suitable for an individual as everyone has different kind of spendings.

The best you can do is to firstly write down your spending categories, check if you can buy the GVs to spend in those then optimise it accordingly ✌🏻

Is there anyone who got Axis Magnus as FYF. If yes, how did you get the same without having an account with Axis

Several people got it FYF
Not sure whether or not they had an account with Axis
The common factor behind all those who got it FYF: They applied for Magnus through an agent and on a C2C basis. We, on the forum, assumed that it was because the agent forgot to tick the dropdown that resulted in the first year charges being levied (Default is FYF on the agent screen)

If you use Magnus on Flipkart/Myntra via Grabdeals you will get 5X points. So 60 ER per 200 rupees instead of 12 ER per 200 rupees. Out of the 60 ER: 12 ER will be credited after roughly 1 week and 48 ER after 120 days
thank you for clarification and the 10000 Edge point limit is per customer means all Axis card combine means credit card and Debit card can earn 10000 edge points only per month ?

I don't understand Why would you get 5 or 6 points? You will get 12 points per 200 spend. In addition, as per your selection either x times reward points or x% cashback you will get back. But they are subject to capping like10k points or 1000 rupees in a calendar month and the deal has to be captured by Axis system.
5 or 6 points i mean by per 100 rs spend if we buy through grab deals. i assume that if we directly purchase any thing using magnus then we get 6 points per 100 rs spend and if we go through the grab deals we get 5x means 5 points per 100 rs spend

5 or 6 points i mean by per 100 rs spend if we buy through grab deals. i assume that if we directly purchase any thing using magnus then we get 6 points per 100 rs spend and if we go through the grab deals we get 5x means 5 points per 100 rs spend
Here 5x means multiply by 5.. so anywhere where theres 5x rewards on magnus would mean 5x6= 30 points per 100 spent.

Here 5x means multiply by 5.. so anywhere where theres 5x rewards on magnus would mean 5x6= 30 points per 100 spent.
thanks for the reply i am confused for the reward calculation so asked here. also the 10000 points limit per customer means all Axis card like credit and debit together earn 100000 points per month or perticular card only which detail we enter in grab deal while make any purchase ?

Please note Axis calculates points per 200. So for each 200 Rupees only you will get 12 points. Example: From 200 to 399 value, you will get only 12 points.

As explained by others, you will get the points multiply by 5x or 20x or 20x with grab deals.

The max 10k limit is customer ID tied to mobile number, I think but not sure.

I havnt received the 5X points of flight bookings through Traveledge on Magnus card for transaction done on 18th and 21st April till now. I had thought so that Traveledge points get credited within 1 week or so..is this normal?? Has Axis bank delayed the time period for Traveledge as well??

Hi Guys,
Have you been able to add your Magnus card to Samsun wallet or Cred Tap to pay for NFC payments?
I have been trying to do this but it fails everytime. On Samsung it doesn't give option to authenticate by OTP but asks to call bank. When i call axis customer care they have no clue about this.
This fails on cred tap to pay as well.

All - one quick question. I added Magnus to Payzapp today. It did the usual Rs.2 penny drop transaction. But the SMS from Axis came as withdrawal. Is it normal? Hope it doesn't count as cash withdrawal 😕

Hi Guys,
Have you been able to add your Magnus card to Samsun wallet or Cred Tap to pay for NFC payments?
I have been trying to do this but it fails everytime. On Samsung it doesn't give option to authenticate by OTP but asks to call bank. When i call axis customer care they have no clue about this.
This fails on cred tap to pay as well.
even i cant add my magnus to cred tap and pay.

Guys today I purchased gold coin from 10000 Tata Cliq Voucher via TATA NEU App but I don’t see cashback details in terms of Tata neu coin on the app but I got immediate notification for other item which I purchased for 5% Tata neu coin. Will I get 5% neu coin after physical delivery of gold?

Please note: I had to purchase one more item to make gold transaction eligible to buy with Tata cliq voucher

Guys today I purchased gold coin from 10000 Tata Cliq Voucher via TATA NEU App but I don’t see cashback details in terms of Tata neu coin on the app but I got immediate notification for other item which I purchased for 5% Tata neu coin. Will I get 5% neu coin after physical delivery of gold?

Please note: I had to purchase one more item to make gold transaction eligible to buy with Tata cliq voucher
I don't think you will get Neu coin if you are purchasing from voucher. You would get neu coin for anthing you paid by cc/dc. I didn't get any neu coin when I bought gold coin using tata cliq voucher

Hi Mohit,
Are you able to add in Gpay or Samsung wallet ? What is the error you get ? I opened a ticket with cred as well, they haven't come back yet.

I was initially getting the same call bank while trying to add to samsung pay. One day, it suddenly decided SMS was good enough and it got added. Now I am able to successfully use it via samsung pay.

I was initially getting the same call bank while trying to add to samsung pay. One day, it suddenly decided SMS was good enough and it got added. Now I am able to successfully use it via samsung pay.
Thanks mate. I hope same happens with me coz axis customer care seems clueless about this. Anyways have opened up a ticket with them.

Hi Friends, Is Magnus Providing Eazydinner Membership for 1 year? If yes how to avail it? My EazyDinner membership going to expire in 2 days..

Back