• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank Not Acknowledging HDFC Infinia LTF Offer

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
3 days ago, I got an offer for Infinia Metal on the online NetBanking page (in my mother's account)

The application page clearly mentioned Joining Fee: 0, Renewal Fee:0, and on top of that, it also showed an Amazon 1500 GV. I applied for the same and made a very rookie mistake of not taking a screenshot of the offer.

Today I got the card and called the Infinia CC helpline to confirm the fee structure, and they said it is a paid card.

What is the best course of action to take now?

I have already dropped an email to infinia.services {at} hdfcbank .com, but I am sure they will not acknowledge it. What's the best course of action to take now? I already hold a paid Infinia myself, and after Axis, I rarely use this card. Shall I close the card without activating it?

Vishnu

TF Select
For some people it is displayed as spend X to waive annual charges, while joining free is already waived off.
For others, it is displayed as Life time free right in the card offer page itself. In that case, it is LTF by default as long as you take a screenshot or record the entire application process and keep it with you as evidence to prove you were indeed offered LTF.

It depends on the type of offer you get. I am genealizing and not mentioning it specific to Neu cards.
Yeah we should read through thoroughly.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It clearly mentioned
Joining Fee: 0
Renewal Fee: 0

Really did a very naive mistake of not taking the screenshot. Seeing the zero fees, I applied without even having a second thought. And just after I applied, it clicked to me that I should have taken the screenshot, and my concern came out to be true :/
Mostly, all HDFC pre-approved card offers have this condition -> Renewal Fee: 0* (if expense on card is above 8L)

As your mother has Imperia Account, connect with your RM first and ask them to atleast change the card to FYF citing that you get pre-approved offer so that atleast Joining fees becomes 0. Then its upto you to either use the card for 1 year and close it or spend 8L for renewal fee waiver.

amitalpha

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
what does it really means when it provides 12,500 points , how are they useable like we already paid fee of Rs. 12,500 or whenever we pay, now we got 12500 points which is equal to benefit of RS.12500 can they be converted into statements credits and effective its Rs 0 for the card?
Can anyone please confirm this ? or explain how do they work?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Mostly, all HDFC pre-approved card offers have this condition -> Renewal Fee: 0* (if expense on card is above 8L)

As your mother has Imperia Account, connect with your RM first and ask them to atleast change the card to FYF citing that you get pre-approved offer so that atleast Joining fees becomes 0. Then its upto you to either use the card for 1 year and close it or spend 8L for renewal fee waiver.
I guess metal infinnia waiver is at 10 lakh spend

ltf4ever

TF Ace
3 days ago, I got an offer for Infinia Metal on the online NetBanking page (in my mother's account)

The application page clearly mentioned Joining Fee: 0, Renewal Fee:0, and on top of that, it also showed an Amazon 1500 GV. I applied for the same and made a very rookie mistake of not taking a screenshot of the offer.

Today I got the card and called the Infinia CC helpline to confirm the fee structure, and they said it is a paid card.

I have already dropped an email to infinia.services {at} hdfcbank .com, but I am sure they will not acknowledge it. What's the best course of action to take now? I already hold a paid Infinia myself, and after Axis, I rarely use this card. Shall I close the card without activating it?
Did you read right before applying, HDFC scams writing Lifetime* Free Credit Card
Thread '⚠️Misleading DCB LTF offer by HDFC Bank.' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/⚠️misleading-dcb-ltf-offer-by-hdfc-bank.1851/

DevD

TF Premier

Hdfc infinia might have issued on first year free basis.. but annual fee will be charged from second year onwards.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Can you please provide me instructions on how to get this done?
First I framed an email and send it to customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com

They replied to send Cibil report, I metioned exact timeframes and details which they tend to remove..
They take "weeks" to reply and then again on next date they will give another date. Being fed up, I escalated and those people also did the same thing, but one good day: mail came, they told they have suppressed the inquiries and then I pulled a fresh cibil. Inquiries disappeared.