• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Benefit of Low Credit Limit on card in Card Portfolio

KumarS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I see most of us like to have higher credit limit, for various reasons. Which is good:)

I have slightly different take, I think we should have any one credit card with lower limit for following reason :)

Background - a year back I used my SCBU card on domain company (reasonably know and large, starts with NameC), and I think my card got stored, the following day I had 2, transaction worth $500+ from some unknown European sites, places. I promptly got my card replaced with new number. Since then I am bit conscious to used by card on various sites (domain, hosting, etc small expenses during international travel)

Requirements/Solutions
I'm currently looking for unsecured card
- card with with 50k limit (lower the better)
-acceptable in international payment gateway
-good app, so that we can cancel, track,manage, etc.

I am not looking for secured credit card.

I was hopeful that 1 card will give me lower limit, but unfortunately it is also quite high, currently for small transaction I mainly uses IDFC select.

However for solutions or suggestions if anyone have any views

Thank you

BOB IS TOTALLY UNPREDICTABLE...GAVE ME LIMIT OF 34000 AGAINST MY CARD OF 31400
I think part of the reason could be them also seeing "Total limit across all cards", if you have higher than certain threshold they might be giving low limit to avoid risk that might pose. Someone similarly having low total limit may get same or better if they consider the individual low overall risk.

I feel bank, especially with C2C applications consider not just limit of card you gave statement of but also your total credit limit.

Last edited:
BOB would be perfect for you, however, if I may, since you are interested in international transaction, might want to consider a card which has lowest foreign currency/foreign currency charges.

One card has fairly low, like 1% or something (if I remember correctly)

So, whatever card you pick, its better to see that also.
Consider RBL World Safari, that would be perfect for since it has 0 forex mark up.

bro .. haven't you heard of managing limit control through the app. you can do through axis app, Paytm cc, sbi just laying out few example
He doesn't like to turn it on/off and manage it each time he needs to use it. He wants to have one small limit card just so he can avoid the hassle and extra layer of security, especially on locations where its possible that card data can be copied/stolen.

Was gonna suggest BobCard.
Got it via C2C. Limit 40K against other card limit of 950K.

He doesn't like to turn it on/off and manage it each time he needs to use it. He wants to have one small limit card just so he can avoid the hassle and extra layer of security, especially on locations where its possible that card data can be copied/stolen.
yeah i read someone did mentioned , he should app for bob the limit would be lower for sure and the bank take forever to update

I see most of us like to have higher credit limit, for various reasons. Which is good:)

I have slightly different take, I think we should have any one credit card with lower limit for following reason :)

Background - a year back I used my SCBU card on domain company (reasonably know and large, starts with NameC), and I think my card got stored, the following day I had 2, transaction worth $500+ from some unknown European sites, places. I promptly got my card replaced with new number. Since then I am bit conscious to used by card on various sites (domain, hosting, etc small expenses during international travel)

Requirements/Solutions
I'm currently looking for unsecured card
- card with with 50k limit (lower the better)
-acceptable in international payment gateway
-good app, so that we can cancel, track,manage, etc.

I am not looking for secured credit card.

I was hopeful that 1 card will give me lower limit, but unfortunately it is also quite high, currently for small transaction I mainly uses IDFC select.

However for solutions or suggestions if anyone have any views

Thank you
OR you can lower down the usable credit limit on your existing higher limit card !

OR you can lower down the usable credit limit on your existing higher limit card !
Can't. Either it impact my credit (not sure) if my reduce my limit from X Lacs to few thousand

Anyway thanks, have figure out the solution already, will be reaching out to 4 PSU bank for both debit and credit card.

Thanks

Can't. Either it impact my credit (not sure) if my reduce my limit from X Lacs to few thousand

Anyway thanks, have figure out the solution already, will be reaching out to 4 PSU bank for both debit and credit card.

Thanks
It doesn't impact, this is basically soft adjustment. I do it too. All my CC have usable limit set to 1k, some are at 0. I change that when I have to make big purchase, which is a rare thing.

It doesn't impact, this is basically soft adjustment. I do it too. All my CC have usable limit set to 1k, some are at 0. I change that when I have to make big purchase, which is a rare thing.
Ahh I get it now what you know, this temporary adj. I don't want to do it.
Anyway as mentioned I have the required solutions now. Thanks again

Back