• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best 3 credit cards to own

1. HDFC INFINIA for smartbuy
2. AXIS ATLAS for others
3. AXIS AIRTEL for mobile bill payment, bigbasket, swiggy

sometimes SBI CASHBACK

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Cashback/Voucher/Product Catalog Segments

Exclusive Tier: Yes Private, ICICI Emeralde Private Metal, IDFC Wealth/AU Zenith/Zenith Plus

Easily Available Cards for Medium Spends (Cashback Category)
Medium Spends: SBI Cashback, HSBC Cashback, Axis ACE/Airtel

For Airmiles: Atlas, Amex GC, Amex Plat Travel

For Heavy Spending: Axis Burgundy Magnus, Amex Plat Charge

General Purpose Credit Card: HDFC Infinia, Amex MRCC, Yes Bank Reserv with Subscription or Marquee

Riya

TF Ace
Cards comes & goes.

Use and throw.

Don't think much.

Keep 2-3 premium cards

Which is well known 😁.
You're right 👍
But I'd like to add one thing that first card one should have must be an LTF card... It should never be thrown even if it's of no use... Keeps your credit history strong... After that everything is temporary 😄

Riya

TF Ace
If someone wants to have just 3 cards for all type of spendings, then:

1. HDFC Infinia
2. Axis Atlas
3. SBI Cashback (until next deval)

and Amex Gold Charge Card for unwanted emergencies

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
If you are to have only 3 credit cards among which one is paid and the other two are LTF (only cards that are actually possible to get LTF), which three cards would you go for? And why?

Curious to understand which ones to own and hold in the long run (assuming devaluations don't hit those cards!)

Thanks,
MJ
with time thing will chance so there are top three at current market - hdfc infinia, amex plantium travel, axis atlas.. now you didn't mentioned the yearly spend.

girish3456

TF Premier
The choice squarely depend upon one's spending pattern n lifestyle.

For me -

Amazon Pay-ICICI - Visa
SBI CashBack - Visa
AXIS Airtel - Visa

And,
PNB SELECT RUPAY - for small n daily needs.

I have another 6 cards - to meet specific needs - but not a-must-to - hold-cards.

Wide acceptance across India, ever dependable, tension-free use at all times decide the best 4 cards.
Bro, have you accessed airport lounges domestic and international lounges with your PNB Rupay Select credit card

jk51

TF Premier
If you are to have only 3 credit cards among which one is paid and the other two are LTF (only cards that are actually possible to get LTF), which three cards would you go for? And why?

Curious to understand which ones to own and hold in the long run (assuming devaluations don't hit those cards!)

Thanks,
MJ
SC Ultimate - Paid
SBI Cashback - LTF
Amex Plat Travel - Not LTF per se but through fee waiver

msk1437

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1 HDFC Infinia for smartbuy
2 IDFC vistara for rest online and offline
3 Tata nue infinity for upi

Ankur15991

TF Buzz
Earlier most of my transactions were on Magnus. After closing it last month my spendings are on:

1. HDFC TATA Neu Infinite: UPI, Utility, Grocery through BB
2. SBI Cashback: Online Spends
3. Axis Atlas: Offline, Hotel and Airline Spends

Above are the best 3 cards for me as of now.

Few other spends i do on below cards:

IDFC Vistara: Rent Transactions (To get PE Tickets on milestone which values more than charges paid on rent, also gives few CV points)
Indus Eazydiner Signature (LTF): Dining (When i book table through Eazydiner App otherwise i use Atlas)
This is also a very good card for BMS as it gives max 400 off even on a single ticket booking.

Last edited: