• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best app for bill payment

AsB

TF Ace
Freecharge has been charging for a while, in fact I noticed this a while back, all of sudden there was addition of around rs 10 to my billing amount.

I use amazon pay exclusively or airtel app since I've airtel axis cc.
Unlike PayTM or PhonePe, who charge around Rs 1 to 6/-, freecharge charges around 1% of transaction value. Axis bank ka kamaal

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Unlike PayTM or PhonePe, who charge around Rs 1 to 6/-, freecharge charges around 1% of transaction value. Axis bank ka kamaal
Freecharge hardly give any offers... Currently amazon and bajaj finserv are the best option... Bajaj finserv mcc also dont comes under utility... So a lot of debit card and credit card dont give points on utility payment... Like axis debit cards... But we get points on bajaj finserv so thats a plus

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
Because people are now addicted to the comfort of paying everything from home... Now these platform wants to mint money on that.... But In India.... It will have reverse effect... They will loose customers.... This is not west that people are ready to pay happily... Even 1 rs.... People still download songs from pagalworld.. Even today after all the world moving so quickly.... Some habits never change
I think companies offering services for free indefinitely is not a sustainable or profitable business model.

When doing bill payment and recharges on third party platforms, those third party platforms have to pay some additional charges and at the moment they are paying out of their pockets or have some other ways to offset the charges. Eventually these companies may want to shift those charges onto customers.

AsB

TF Ace
I think companies offering services for free indefinitely is not a sustainable or profitable business model.

When doing bill payment and recharges on third party platforms, those third party platforms have to pay some additional charges and at the moment they are paying out of their pockets or have some other ways to offset the charges. Eventually these companies may want to shift those charges onto customers.
Agreed. But, first banks are offering these services for free. How do they plan to compete? Secondly, rather than charging a fee, they should ask for some kind of subscription, which again should not cost a lot of money that people cannot afford. The companies are already thinking that we are living in USA.
A latest example was Airtel- which said that 1 GB of data should be charged Rs 100/- . Think Airtel is not going to compete at all.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I've almost never had issues with GPay/Amazon UPI unless my bank server or recipient's bank server is down
I've issues with gpay and sometimes apay on daily basis.

Just yesterday I had a big fight with one shop vendor where money was cut from my a/c but his bank did not yet show notification of it, so he was insisting that payment was not done. I had to teach him law.

7faizbook

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Get zest money limit, from zest money buy an amazon voucher of any desire amount and the same will be converted to no cost emi. Add the voucher to your amazon pay and enjoy paying bills or whatever you wish.. 😊

7faizbook

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Get zest money limit, from zest money buy an amazon voucher of any desire amount and the same will be converted to no cost emi. Add the voucher to your amazon pay and enjoy paying bills or whatever you wish.. 😊
In simple language pay your bills in emi 🤣