• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for car down payment

I asked them the MCC. They said it's 5013.
Btw, I spoke to multiple dealerships and finally convinced them to charge 0% MDR.
Very well done! PLease share your experience or what tricks/point you said to them to convince them for 0% MDR?

Very well done! PLease share your experience or what tricks/point you said to them to convince them for 0% MDR?
First dealership was asking 2%. Then they came down to 1%.
I called other dealerships and told them that if you can agree for less than 1% then I'll buy for you.
Second dealer agreed for 1%
Third dealer agreed for 0% and gave me in writing

Showed this written document to first dealer and convinced him for 0% by saying that I will buy from third dealer if they don't give me 0%

Problem is that all dealers sell insurance at more than double the online cost. One person told me that most of their comission/profit lies in Insurance. They give discounts from this margin. If we don't take insurance from them, it becomes slightly difficult for them to waive off MDR. But they agreed after negotiation.

I am paying only Ex showroom + TCS + Registration to the dealer. Nothing extra.

Can anybody enlighten if dealers have some margins in registration cost as well?

Back