• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for ITR payment

diptarkaroy

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As I calculated, I have to pay just over 1L as ITR tax due within the end of next month.

I have the below cards (not mentioning all the cards):
Yes marquee
SBI cashback
Icici sapphiro and APAY
IDFC wealth
AU Zenith
HDFC neu infinity
Bob premier
Kotak Myntra
Federal Imperio
Axis Airtel

Please suggest me which one would be the most rewarding!!!

Last edited:
Canara bank PG allows amex with 0.9%+18% gst
still you will be in more than above 1% for net reward if using Amex gold. Use my referral link to apply for Amex card and get 2k points along with 1st year free.
Nice shout out. The Gold is one of the few Amex cards to give points for utility payments.

Beware to anyone using other Amex cards. You won't get base MR points for utility payments but it'll count toward milestones, useful for MRCC and Plat Travel.

As I calculated, I have to pay just over 1L as ITR tax due within the end of next month.

I have the below cards (not mentioning all the cards):
Yes marquee
SBI cashback
Icici sapphiro and APAY
IDFC wealth
AU Zenith
HDFC neu infinity
Bob premier
Kotak Myntra
Federal Imperio
Axis Airtel

Please suggest me which one would be the most rewarding!!!
Marquee will give you 10 points on Rs 200. On 1 lac a return of 1250/- I e 1.25%

Canara bank PG allows amex with 0.9%+18% gst
still you will be in more than above 1% for net reward if using Amex gold. Use my referral link to apply for Amex card and get 2k points along with 1st year free.
3000 Amex points will not give much value ( 2000 regular and 1000 bonus).

Platinum travel card would be a better option just to reach 4L spend milestone and get 48k points and 10k Taj Voucher.

Said that, I don't think OP has a Amex card in portfolio

I think best to do ITR payment is Amex Gold, base reward rate of 2% and using Canara Bank as PG its 1.062% so net reward of 1% approx. In case if you are doing 6 time 1K transactions you will be getting 1K RP extra. So this will be bring overall reward rate higher than 1%..
Doesn't AmEx Gold give 2 points on INR 100 spend, leading to 1% cashback for Taj/Marriott (if you can get to Gold collection), else 0.5% for cash credit?

Back