• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for monthly NPS contribution (50k per year)

superstar@123

TF Select
Hey there,

I've broken down the yearly contribution of 50k into a monthly contribution of 4,167 Rs, similar to how SIPs work in mutual funds.

I used to go with auto debit, but now I'm thinking of using my credit card for the monthly payments.

I have an HDFC Infinia, an Amex MRCC, a Platinum Travel, and a few other cards.

Which one do you think would be the best for my NPS contributions?

Thanks!

Hey there,

I've broken down the yearly contribution of 50k into a monthly contribution of 4,167 Rs, similar to how SIPs work in mutual funds.

I used to go with auto debit, but now I'm thinking of using my credit card for the monthly payments.

I have an HDFC Infinia, an Amex MRCC, a Platinum Travel, and a few other cards.

Which one do you think would be the best for my NPS contributions?

Thanks!
So all Amex cards will be charged PG fees but get milestone benefits (so MRCC and Plat Travel will get milestone benefits). AMEX Gold charge gets MR points too along with milestone benefits.

I like using my Amex for NPS (Tier 1) as Visa works everywhere but getting milestone benefits on AMEX is not easy.

IIRC PG charges are 0.7% plus GST on NPS portal.

So all Amex cards will be charged PG fees but get milestone benefits (so MRCC and Plat Travel will get milestone benefits). AMEX Gold charge gets MR points too along with milestone benefits.

I like using my Amex for NPS (Tier 1) as Visa works everywhere but getting milestone benefits on AMEX is not easy.

IIRC PG charges are 0.7% plus GST on NPS portal.
Great, so in that case I can use Amex MRCC and divide the contribution further in 3 tranches of 1500 each in a month !

Great, so in that case I can use Amex MRCC and divide the contribution further in 3 tranches of 1500 each in a month !
yes, i think the sweet spot was some Rs. 1483 or 1485 to just cross 1500 per month so as to get the bonus MR!

btw you can mark my earlier post as solution if you feel you got one!

Any thought on BizBlack for NPS payments? It will get regular reward points, since govt. transactions are not excluded. But has anyone tried Diners card acceptability for this? And charges?

I have been using Amex MRCC for 1500*4 on NPS Tier 1 for the monthly 1000 points. Fees of around 31 is charged for payment of 1500. You can pay a little less but make sure that total is 1500+.

Back