• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best cards for hotel spends

AJ-

TF Buzz
Hi,
My monthly spends are as follows
1. Hotel - 1.5 to2.5L per month( domestic)
2. Rent - 81k
3. Grocery - 5 to 7L
4. Utility - 50k - 60k
5. Shopping 50k
6. Other all spends - 1L
I have Magnus, Vistara infinite, Ace, Diners privilege, Indusind Pinnacle, Idfc select, One, amz icici, sbi cb & prime etc.
Most of my spends are hotel & grocery. Axis executive suggested me Atlas which gives 5x edge miles on hotel spends. is there any other card which gives good return like atlas? Also suggest me good card for grocery.

Last edited:
Would be helpful if you can guide to some T&Cs that state this....

Sorry I meant, I read the T&C of ACE and noted that there was restriction on business spends. But this restriction does not seem to appear on other Axis cards...at least I could not see

The document can also be accessed from here: https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/credit-card/useful-links/terms-and-conditions
"7.2 The Card may be used only for bona fide personal or official purchase of goods and / or services. You shall not use the Card to purchase anything to resell for commercial or business purpose, to derive any financial gains."
That applies to every Axis card. Most other banks have the same conditions

Good and "services"...so hotel, utilities, insurance and lot of other expenses can be paid for.
Yes,
the point that what @AJ- is doing is not permitted to do but he is cleverly managing those business spends as he said earlier.

Also it would be helpful if you use 'Reply' to comment

Last edited:
Reactions: AJ-
@Theo @siddhartR I am using my credit card for my personal and business expenses for last 10 years. Never received any call or mail from bank about any transaction i done. always kept my credit utilisation ratio below 50% max and never missed any payments till date. Is there any business card which gives good reward?
Generally banks do monitor so much unless they see a case a abuse....wherein they may invoke the clause.

Yes,
the point that what @AJ- is doing is not permitted to do but he is cleverly managing those business spends as he said earlier.

Also it would be helpful if you use 'Reply' to comment
I know hotel spends are permitted. 5l spends on grocery is less than 10% of my business purchase. Even my auditor said cc can be used for business spends and he never asks for cc statements which is more than 1.5cr per annum.

Generally banks do monitor so much unless they see a case a abuse....wherein they may invoke the clause.
May be that's the case my limit is not much increased. everyone was getting 3x, 4x LE i am getting only 50-100% every year in all bank cards. Current limit is more than enough for my usage pattern. i accumulate 1L to 2L agv every month to pay my grocery payments. straight usage from cc to grocery is limited to 2L. and balance i use net banking.
For hotels i pay directly thru card (split and do with multiple cards. Different 4 & 5 category hotels. So banks have any issue i think.

May be that's the case my limit is not much increased. everyone was getting 3x, 4x LE i am getting only 50-100% every year in all bank cards. Current limit is more than enough for my usage pattern. i accumulate 1L to 2L agv every month to pay my grocery payments. straight usage from cc to grocery is limited to 2L. and balance i use net banking.
For hotels i pay directly thru card (split and do with multiple cards. Different 4 & 5 category hotels. So banks have any issue i think.
Bank prefer hotel spends since they have favorable MDR structures, grocery has lower and hence recently Infinia has also put a cap on the reward points. One way to do this is to buy GYFTR vouchers for reliance etc and buy grocery through that. But again that depends and where you purchase grocery from. If hotel spends include on Taj Hotels, Tata Neu card is a very good option

Reactions: AJ-
Bank prefer hotel spends since they have favorable MDR structures, grocery has lower and hence recently Infinia has also put a cap on the reward points. One way to do this is to buy GYFTR vouchers for reliance etc and buy grocery through that. But again that depends and where you purchase grocery from. If hotel spends include on Taj Hotels, Tata Neu card is a very good option
Used to purchase Bigbazaar, spar, more gvs at discounted rate previously. But have no time to do all things i mean store purchase. No wholeseller accept cc even if they accept they will take 1.5% charges. but One wholeseller accept cc and apay online so started using cards and apay gvs from last year. I want to know is there any card which gives good reward for grocery.
Already have Neu infinity, not using much apart from some small utility bills.

Back